Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I'm looking at upgrading to the elantra 2.0l fuel injectors in my 1.6l (no beta swap comments please)

I've been searching all over the net for the stock injector flows for both models to see if it would be worth the cost and effort of changing them out.

any ideas or sites that would give me the numbers?

thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
i know 2.0 have 190cc, but my question is are you boosted?!? if you are not it would be pointless and a waste of money, because if you put bigger injectors in for nothing your car will run rich and kill you mpg and other problem. you would also need a tuner to control them.
if you are boosted, go with the sonata injectors they're 290cc and are good for a common of up to 12lbs of boost.

·
Registered
104 Posts
ok so I'm looking at upgrading to the elantra 2.0l fuel injectors in my 1.6l (no beta swap comments please)

I've been searching all over the net for the stock injector flows for both models to see if it would be worth the cost and effort of changing them out.

any ideas or sites that would give me the numbers?

thanks
First off, why are you looking to change injectors? Are you using any power adders?

the stock injectors flow between 17-19lb/hr and will be fine for all but the most extremely built Naturally Aspirated 1.6L.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right now I'm collecting the standard n/a upgrades; header, cat back, cai, performance wires, and I'm trying these "E3" spark plugs, and trying to source out a coil pack that may work. I figured a higher cc injector would be just like rejeting a carb.

I realize that going to too large of an injector would be worse then what I have, that's why I'm researching the flow.

·
Registered
435 Posts
get and afc, but you wont need a bigger injectors for n/a

·
Registered
686 Posts
air fuel controller, on the stock injectors you can even run it on low boost, you will never need bigger injectors for n/a on that engine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
air fuel controller, on the stock injectors you can even run it on low boost, you will never need bigger injectors for n/a on that engine.

ok I'll check it out

thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
It seems like the Accent runs rich as is. Ever since I bought the car I can smell fuel at start up, and its worse in the cold... also with all of this tractionless snow and below zero conditions my mpg has TANKED to like 21mpg.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts