Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
plz help me stright things out..
Could anyone tell me the diffrent size/max flow of the hyundai-injectors..

..I have two Elantras:
  • 1992 1,6 GLS.
  • 1994 1,8 GT.

I will run on Alcohol (E85) and therefor need to know what :confused: MAX CC the diffrent injectors have.

ps/ going to do a 4G63-swap and have allredy pulled the engine+tranny.

things to look up for and hints are nice too

from sweden and my english is not the best :D

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
plz help me stright things out..
Could anyone tell me the diffrent size/max flow of the hyundai-injectors..

..I have two Elantras:
  • 1992 1,6 GLS.
  • 1994 1,8 GT.

I will run on Alcohol (E85) and therefor need to know what :confused: MAX CC the diffrent injectors have.

ps/ going to do a 4G63-swap and have allredy pulled the engine+tranny.

things to look up for and hints are nice too

from sweden and my english is not the best :D
Both injector cc for each car should be around 180-190cc. Each car has the same block. The 1.6 and 1.8 block is the same with different heads. The 1.6 intake manifold has a longer tubing while the 1.8 is shorter. The manifolds, injectors are interchangeable with each engine. In fact the 1.6 manifolds work well with the 1.8 engine, although power will be higher. The 1.8 manifolds are designed for more torque.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both injector cc for each car should be around 180-190cc. Each car has the same block. The 1.6 and 1.8 block is the same with different heads. The 1.6 intake manifold has a longer tubing while the 1.8 is shorter. The manifolds, injectors are interchangeable with each engine. In fact the 1.6 manifolds work well with the 1.8 engine, although power will be higher. The 1.8 manifolds are designed for more torque.
OK, tanks for the info, what size has sonata 2,0 and 2,4 and could i use them bolt on too :confused:

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
OK, tanks for the info, what size has sonata 2,0 and 2,4 and could i use them bolt on too :confused:
The 2.4 Sonata injector cc should be about 290. A bit high for the 1.8. The 2.0 should be about 190-210. Don't know if they will mount and work with the 1.6 and 1.8 engine.

Wrenchnbench, a friend of mine has a 2.4 engine that he converted to a twin cam in his Elantra. It originally was a single cam engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 2.4 Sonata injector cc should be about 290. A bit high for the 1.8. The 2.0 should be about 190-210. Don't know if they will mount and work with the 1.6 and 1.8 engine.

Wrenchnbench, a friend of mine has a 2.4 engine that he converted to a twin cam in his Elantra. It originally was a single cam engine.
I´m going to drop in a rebuild mitsu galant gti 2,0 dohc into the enginebay + 560cc + lightweight pulleyes and camgears + light flywheel + SS 4-2-1 headers and manage it all with a Apexi SAFC :eek:

What gearbox and driveshafts should i go with ??
stock elantra, gt, galant gti or sonata??
witch of em are designed for most pwr/tq ratio??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts