Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking into putting in a shift light in my 2001 accent. has enyone done it and know were to hook it up? its a standard so it has a stock tach. but i want to put a shift light in, enyone help would be great.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I could have helped with the tacho install but i have never dealt with an aftermarket shift light before. sorry dude.

·
Registered
706 Posts
You set the shift light to whatever RPM you want via pills or knob. it installs the same way as a tach

Ground wire
Power Wire
Tach Signal Wire

If you get a tach with a built in shift light. You set the shift light once again via pills or knob. The tach installs the same way

·
Registered
978 Posts
hook up power and ground and shift light wire to #8 green wire. set your rpm with a pill and you are good to go.

·
Registered
466 Posts
^^^ yeah, like he said

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know all that but the problem is i got no were to hook up the green wire. unless there is somewere i dont know.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Okay, let's start with the basics:

Does the shift light have 3 or four wires.

Three wires, should be Red, Black and the third we will call X.
Red to a positive feed that is controlled by ign on or off. use a meter in your fuse box to locate.
Black, this goes to ground. While many people like to daisy chain off of the ground wire behind the stereo, do not do so, just run the wire to your firewall and attach.
X goes to the #8 green wire that is Already in your car. This is the 2001 tach feed wire, even if your car has no tach, the wire is there, this is what let's the car know how fast the engine is running. This is located under your left foot when you drive, you cannot miss it.

Four wires, see above, but the difference would be red same, blue to the battery, black to ground and the color X to the tach wire.

If you did not understand the above, or are unsure then have someone else install it at a shop and look and see what they did to learn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts