Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got the cables for the heater controls off but how do i disconnect the very bottom cable? it is the cable that connects to the recurculating air or fresh air . how do i get it off, since i have to cut the plastics to make the cd player fit! if anyone can help you will be my HERO!!!!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
You should not have to cut anything. Open your glovebox and let it fall to its lowest point. Then squeze(spelling?) the sides in and it will drop straight down(you may have to open the passenger door). The fresh air cable is right there behind the glovebox. Have fun and make sure you route it back the way it was or it wont work right till you fix it(speaking from experience).

·
Registered
646 Posts
are you talking about removing the actual cable off the lever? Are you pressing down the little spring loaded tab that keeps the cable from sliding off the plastic cylindrical part? I had some trouble with that my first time...

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
You literally need 3 hands to do this.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
i did it by myself, it was very easy

·
Registered
2 Posts
you don't have to remove the glove box or have three hands. do not cut anything, your cd player should fit snugly. use the same mounting brackets from the stock head unit. using your right hand, push down the holding pin (past the wire) with your middle finger. then (while still holding down the pin), pull the wire towards you with your pointer finger. i was able to install my head unit in less than 1 hour.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
How are supposed to use the stock mounting bracket?? It's not even really a 'bracket' persay, it's just 2 big tabs screwed to the sides of the stock unit with holes in them. I would love it if I could use these stock tabs somehow w/o driving screws into my new head unit :??:.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Unbolt the stereo brackets from the frame and pull it out and disconnect it. Alright heres the fun part, you have to unscrew the brackets from the stock stereo and bolt them to the new stereos front Nissan ISO holes, one for each side, the brackets are labeled left and right so you dont reverse them. The screws that hold the brackets to the stock stereo arent big enough, so go to home depot or any hardware store and get a couple M5 x M8 Metric flat head screws they will have a fluted head and will match the taper on the brackets. See the pic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts