Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there... I've got me an amp and would rather install it on my own rather than pay 100 some dollars to get it done.

Anyways, I'm pretty at ease with all the wires and how to pass them through the car, except for one. The power wire from the battery. I have no idea where I can pass it through the firewall. If anyone has the same model car as I do, and you know where I can find a place to pass the wire without drilling, it would be much appreciated...

Thanks a lot ! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, I think I found it, but there really isn't much free space there...

I'll try to look again tomorrow in the daylight

·
Registered
978 Posts
I always just drill a new hole and use a locking grommet from monster. I have never had a problem with wires when run this way. If there is not a normal place to get the wire through, then look under the pedals and make sure that when you punch the hole through that you do nto hit the brake gear.

·
Registered
665 Posts
On the driversid of the firewall in the engine bay there is a little diamond shaped piece of foam. Remove this and there is a perfect place to drill right there. It is nice and flat and there is nothing on t he other side of it but another piece of removable foam.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts