Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I was installing a new cd deck has I just got the car that had the orginal tape deck that worked fine. I finished installing it then that night on my way home from work my instrument cluster lights won't work plus on the driver side the park light is out and also the rear park light and the right side light for the plate is out to, Seems funny for just one side to all stop working, The head lights work fine ( high and low) and I have other lights on the instrument cluster that work light the check engine, seat belt etc. The only thing I did was remove the tape player, wire the new adaptor plug to the cd plug so I woudn't have to cut the plug in the car. That and my cd deck will not work, but if I plugin the old tape deck it does. I have ground the new deck and all the wires were double checked even used a voltage reader to make sure the power is getting throu the new wiring adaptor, Oh well the main thing is I have have no instrument cluster light. Has this happend to anyone???? oh I have checked the audio fuse when I noticed my instrument cluster lights stopped working and it blow so I replaced it. All other fuse inside the car look fine.

Thanks Matt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found the problem

It was a fuse in the engine compartment, so I replace the 10a and it blow again so I tried a 15a blow again. I unplugged the cd deck and hirness and tried another fuse and it worked so now I have to figure out why the cd deck when it's plugged into the wiring harness is blowing the fuse, Have the black ground cable grounded.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
My guess would be the illumination wire (the wire that tells your deck to dim a little when you turn your headlights on). Your deck probably isn't compatible with it. Try cutting that wire or just remove it form the connector and tape it off to see if it cures the problem. If it does, either heatshrink/tape it off, or remove it from the harness all together (preferred method).

Also, never replace a fuse with one that has a higher rating (like you did replacing a 10 amp fuse with a 15 amp one). That's almost a sure fire way to ruin something, or burn your car to the ground. Yeah, it's that serious.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts