Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya.

Just wondering if there is a way to get an instrument cluster that includes a rpm gauge? My g.f has a 2002 accent L. So there is no tach.

I would like it to look like it was from the factory, or maybe one with brighter lights! Any sites where I could find one, I searched and couldn't find ne.
I hope it would be a plug and play deal, unlike the foglights where. Got the factory ones, factory switch but there is NO FACTORY HARNESSES FOR FOGLIGHTS ON THE ACCENT L! All custom wiring. Hopefully the tach won't be like that!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
There is a tch wire on your ecu you need to tap into I dont know what color it is for the newer accent but mine was white with a little blue stripe on it if I remember right. But get a diagram of your ecu dont go plaing with your wires and make sure your battery is diswconnected I messed up an ecu in my accent trying to figure out were the tach wire goes.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
if you buy a stock gauge cluster that has a tach on it. Its a simple plug and play. Just plug existing connections into your new accent (used) gauges.

The only thing that is going to be diff. is the miles on the gauge and car. So make a note so you dont commit Odometer fraud on accident.

If you get an aftermarket tach (those big ass ugly one) you will need to tap into tach wire. But just be clean about it and buy a stock gauge cluster off ebay or a parts junkyard.

[Edited by ftwvampftw on Jan 22, 2006 8:27 AM]

·
Registered
481 Posts
I used a stock odometer with a tach on a 95 that didnt come with it and it was plug and play but it didnt work. the tach was jumping all over the place and when I turned my lights on the thing just stopped.

Are you sure the tach wire is white with a blue stripe?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I might have the dealership do it , if they can set the milage on the odo to the correct # and have it documented so it isnt shady when we sell the car, any comments?

Also, I can't get the pics on HMAservice on how to do it to show up, can someone see them and post them? Thankies.

[Edited by Lockdown_2001 on Jan 22, 2006 7:16 PM]

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
The color of the wire color changed a couple of times over the years. O wait its a solid white wire I know for 100 percent sure sorry.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
on my 95 it was a solid white wire do you have yout tach hooked to a power source. And do you have it set to the 4 clyinder selection on the back?

·
Registered
481 Posts
yeah its on the 4cyld mode but I think since I got some ecu work somthing is not right with this car. I have the AutoMeter tach (a small one) It has a sig, power, and ground wire in the back along with a black and white wire hanging from the top.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I had a ebay tach no brand and it had a ground power and tach wire and I tapped into a solid white wire. I figured it out by having the power of the tach and everything hooked up and while the car was running I took the tach wire and connected it to a couple of spots to what I thought it was. I plugged it into a solid white wire the tach came to life the car was at 1000 rpms reved it and it was acurate it was the right spot

·
Registered
272 Posts
check my site for install instructions for 94-00 Accent models

this topic has been discussed many time, why don't we sticky this?

[Edited by Haste on Jan 25, 2006 6:04 AM]

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
if you get me a link for the full write up and it reads good.. i'll sticky it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts