Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Pull the negative battery cable and pump the brakes, otherwise you'll throw an airbag light.

Basically start removing all the screws aroudn the bezel, and remove the steering wheen cover if need be. You don't need to pull the dash to get at the cluster.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why would the steering wheel have to come off? I also didn't notice screws around the cluster itself only the piece that is down under the steering wheel,which appears to be seperate. Also how do you throw a airbag light? you might have answered my other problem. Is there a way to either reset or disconnect the light? Thanks for any help

·
Registered
146 Posts
The steering wheel does not have to come off. The plastic shroud around it has to come off. And if you look on the underside of the bezel, you should see some screw holes.

There's no way to reset the airbag light without paying the dealer $50 for a scan of the airbag system.

·
Registered
77 Posts
GUYS THIS ISNT ROCKET SCIENCE. just start unscrewing stuff and when you think its free pull on it. if it doesnt easily come then your missing screws somewhere.

REMOVING THE INTERIOR IS THE EASIEST THING TO DO ON AN RD

·
Registered
146 Posts
For the interior, start by removing the shifter surround. It's easy if you have a manual. Then start taking off screws. Remember where they go.

Also, buy a repair manual for $20. It has a lot of this stuff in it, and will give you a better idea of what to expect. Mine has repaid it's cost in savings many dozens of times over.

·
Registered
77 Posts
^^^there is no manual for rd tib's only elantras

·
Registered
146 Posts
Okay. I have a J2 Elantra, not an RD Tib. The principles and construction techniques should be similar between the RD and J2, I would think. And the mechanicals are identical for the most part (not the speedo, though).

·
Registered
77 Posts
DUDE LISTEN your making this out to be something thats harder then what it really is. if you can get on your computer and figure out how to find this site and post. then you can get in your car start unscrewing things and get out the dash. its not more then 7-12 screws. come on man:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
hmaservice.com if common mechanical sense fails.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well ive took out every screw on it, the wire that goes to the heat control is what i cant get off, my hands wont fit i was hopeing somebody could tell me an easier way to get it off but i guess im just a dumbass:mad:

·
Registered
63 Posts
alc said:
Well ive took out every screw on it, the wire that goes to the heat control is what i cant get off, my hands wont fit i was hopeing somebody could tell me an easier way to get it off but i guess im just a dumbass:mad:
on my accent, the heat control rods have a latch 'in' them....looks like a shark fin....the latch is spring loaded, and stops the wire from coming off the rod. you have to depress the latch into the rod to get the wire off.

if the spring inside the latch breaks, i used one of one of these to stop the wire from coming off the rod

Dennis Kirk | Metric Bikes Main Page=

everything is obvious the second time around....but maybe not the first...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts