Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 elantra 1.6 5spd the cluster has no tach can anyone tell me which models i can swap it out with to install one with a tach

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Originally posted by 95E_lantra
[body]
I have a 95 elantra 1.6 5spd the cluster has no tach can anyone tell me which models i can swap it out with to install one with a tach
[/body]
Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think swapping out a non-tach cluster with a tach cluster will work. I believe the wiring isn't there to make it work in the first place.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
In theory that should work. You'll just have to do a little digging around to find the right place to connect it in the cluster with the tach.

Make sure to take photos and do a write up if you get it to work. I know there are some folks out there wondering about it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what did you tap into? was the plug right there behind it? i know most cars use the same harness regardless of model for mass production i did this before in a trans am and the plug was just sitting there behind the cluster

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by Hyundai92Excel
[body]
They all just plug into the rear of the unit. The plugs are the same. Just plug it in and ride.
[/body]
I tried 1 years ago in my 98 elantra... I bought GLS model cluster which is built with taco in it from ebay. the connector looks same BUT wire is totally different!!:dead::dead::dead:

My suggestion which is just get aftermarket taco and try to connect taco signal directly from ECU.:ermm:

[Edited by Taehoon on Jan 13, 2006 2:40 AM]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts