Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo guys, im lookin at getting a new car... well different anyways... here were my wants (in no order of priority):

1. RWD
2. Convertible
3. 2L or around
4. Power Options (im over havin absolutely ZERO options).

So i searched on carsales.com.au and found this...

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/car...d=CONVERTIBLE&state_id=-1&search_distance=25

I was thinking Mx5 but i didnt really think it had any space at all for stuff, including a system. And altho this aint no station wagon, it looks to have more space... Firstly, wat u guys think? and second... do you know if insurance is higher with convertibles? A friend said they rape you on insurance? Thanks guys.
Cheers, Anand :)

·
Registered
651 Posts
Your mate is right...

2.0L Convertible yeah??

How bout Saab? Or BMW??

Not much really... If you want space with a convertible??

·
Registered
846 Posts
cant get the link to work

[Edited by T-WING on Nov 2, 2005 6:01 PM]

·
Registered
273 Posts
I too am looking along these lines of late...

Though under your 2L limit, there is always the Mazda MX5, the worlds most popular sports car, so I doubt you'd have probs finding parts. Handling is awesome but they do struggle in the power department.

There's also the Smart Roadster, which looks like an extremely fun car and is RWD/tubro, but with a 700cc engine is still quite gutless.

The best pick would be the Astra Convertible tubro released a year or two back. They definitely had some performance about them.

Just some ideas...

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys guys! In terms of the link, sorry but i dunno how to get the link to work... just copy/paste it into ya browser... and i thought along the lines of astra, but i just finished school and well i dun think i will be able to afford one of them for a while. I found a celica convertible for 10k on the trading post. I might further invstigate some saabs and beemers altho i dun like the beemer convertibles that i have seen so far. Any additional info, advice or opinions are welcome! Ty guys.
Cheers, Anand :)

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
MX5 is the one to get, they are a bit slow :cry: see if you can find one of those convertable S13s ive seen a few people buzzing around with :D

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Sirius_Anger
[body]
The insurance for you will be way too high for that at your age Anand...

Stick with the hyundai :)
[/body]
Arrrr i didnt wanna hear that... :dead: O well, ill call the insurance company and see just how much it will be. Otherwise ill try convince mum to buy one and list me as a driver... (of course by this i mean i will be the only one driving it :lol: )...

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok guys, did the research on insurance... and holy ****... If i was to take out my own plan... Justcar Insurance quoted $2,958 with a $1000 excess... that was for comprehensive and third party fire and theft @ $754 with the $1000 excess...
(also i plan on putting rims on it and also a soundsystem which were not part of the calculation). Man that hurts... Mind you i also added some of the mods i would plan on doin (e.g. lowering, exhaust changes, extractors).

Does anybody know of anywhere else i could go for insurance? and also, if my mum took out the plan and i was listed as a driver only, would it be alot cheaper?
Cheers, Anand. :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think insurance companies these days are wise to that, ie. the policy is based upon the youngest driver, so it's calculated on you even if you are listed under your parents.

There is also Young and Cool, Shannons and a whole bunch of smaller broker-type guys, including many interstate, Vigil and so on. However, I doubt it is going to get a whole lot cheaper... its that magical 25 number they are concerned about.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:( I hate insurance companies.... I think ill be holdin onto the excel for a bit then :) Thanks for all the info guys!
Cheers, Anand. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts