Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to umm kinda rig up my intake to fit right, and not the filter is right next to the battery in the front of the hood pretty much on top the radiator/fan. Just wondering on any pros and cons to this, from my experience w/ it today it seems to be working well, wanna know from someone with more experience in the subject.

Thanks

·
Registered
481 Posts
if the heat from your radiator is going to the intake then your not helping your engine. What I did was move mt battery to the rear of the car and put my intake behind the head light. When I race I take out the head light and let the cooler air hit the intake and that seems to work pretty good.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
just be sure not to go through any big puddles.. I ran through a nice one.. and Hydroplaned the car.. and Hydrolocked it.. Than got it up and working about an hour later after drying the **** out of everything.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I leave mine down there all year. Rain isn't going to hurt it. Just don't plowing through any big puddles.;):

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Originally posted by Cottonmouth
[body]
I leave mine down there all year. Rain isn't going to hurt it. Just don't plowing through any big puddles.;):
[/body]
I dont think you get 28 days of rain straight like we do... :dead:

·
Registered
978 Posts
28 days of straight rain, sucks to be you :)

I just have mine next to the battery, seems to work okay.

Advice time: Do not get the cheap filters, like the 20 dollar ones from autozone, etc. The lowest I would go would be ractive, but the more you spend, the better. The 25 dollar one that I purchased from pep boys fell apart after 2 months, spend 40 dollars on a better one (not ractive), a pod style, and I am much happier now, it's not falling apart.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts