Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys and Gals
i perchased a ALLOY INTAKE MANIFOLD from PSC in Australia back in september 2007 and as most of you might know PSC dissapeared and so i suffered as ive never received my product and lost the money. Now im desperate to get one of these or even something a little better but NO one does these for the accent. I would like one similar to the old AIRRAM that you could purchase for the coupe but the only option i think i maight have is to have one custom made. So was wondering does any of you guys on here know of anywhere or anyone that might be able to help me out.

I have a 2001 1.5L DOHC accent mvi and live in the UK but think this would help as i have a BBTB too and at the mo it dont do much as got the standard plastic intake and i would just love to have a metal one which would be matched to the TB one reason it would help plus the noise it would produce with my CAI as i remember the AIRRAM on my brothers coupe before he sold it and it was just superb.

i would love anybodys help with this as posted on some other forums but with not real response.

·
Registered
737 Posts
just find a stock us spec 1.6 manifold from an auto parts recylcler and see if they will ship to the uk. Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market is a online database of us junkyards it is my favorite place to look for used parts. You could also check ebay.

this is your only option since no one makes an air ram style intake manifold for the alpha motors. I'm not sure how much difference in intake sound quality it will make but you will be able to port it to match with your bbtb and if you really wanted to, you could gasket match your ports.

good luck on your search

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive been told though that the 1.6L DOHC intake manifold has a slight different stud pattern on it and wont fit my 1.5L DOHC even though the engines look the same apart from this part.

·
Registered
106 Posts
apparently KSPEC sells an AIRRAM for the 2.0, maybe if you catch up with them they might be able to tell you where you can find one?

I could be totally wrong, if so please ignore me.

·
Registered
324 Posts
the 1.5 dohc and 1.6 dohc have the same intake manifold gasket so the will be interchangable. If you get a deposit I can have one made but it will be a few hundred dollars. remeber the more people to buy the cheaper it is.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey mate, Im still in good contact with Andre, one of the partners of PSC, if you want to send me your name, address and list of item you ordered ill see what I can get done for you...

Cheers Ryan

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have been in touch with Andre via another website. and he has said that he can get one for me but they dont really offer a performance upgrade the main reason they started to sell these where allot of people wanted to turbo their cars and the plastic intake just wont take the pressure. I can get a perfromance one made by RPW but this will cost much more money but as ive said will be custom made and its a performance unit. On my 1.5L DOHC i dont have a gasket mine has 4 o-rings which act as the gasket. this i why i am sure that the 1.6L and 1.5L are not interchangable over here in the UK.

·
Registered
621 Posts
i think that the DOHC intake manifold for the X3 will fit.
ryanator (honk's old LC2) had an alloy manifold from an x3 grafted on to allow for boost pressures as the plastic ones were prone to cracking ! (according to Bretton and Andre from PSC)
from what i recall they used to source the manifolds, add a BBTB, clean them up and go from there.

i could be wrong but.

one of these i think

·
Registered
1 Posts
you could use the 1.6 L intake manifold if you modified your wiring and changed over some sensors, i have the G4ED engine ( 2006 model getz 1.6 installed in a accent 1.5L i had to change the intake manifold to the 1.5 as the accelerator cable was on the wrong side and the sensors in the wrong spot also the thermostat housing was changed also as this has some tubes running from the thermostat to the throttle body i have not yet sourced a modified intake manifold.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
in the end i did manage to purchase a 1.6L one from the states in january 2009 which was from an accent and it went straight on without doing any mods.

below is what i done to it though.

then i left it for a while as didnt have the time due to the nights being cold and dark but once it started to get lighter i then carried on with the process and it went to this

hope you all like it. :) :)

took alot of hard work and time with the sandpaper to get it looking like it does and im well pleased with it. When i bought it i did ask about having it polished professionally and they wanted £190 to do it so although its not as good as they would have got it i personally think its awesome plus i did it all myself so have the satisfaction of doing it and it came out really well plus only spent really about £30-£40 on all the stuff to do it. RESULT!!! ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts