Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pressure tested my system because my car was developing boost leaks, and turns out that my mx-6 intercooler is leaking out the side sooooooo....
yeah, i'm in the market for a new intercooler. I'm wanting a nice one this time, what are some of you X3 guys on boost using. I'm wondering if the short long ones for civics would be optimal.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I'm using an 18" wide x 6" high core... total width is 23" with endtanks and 2.5" inlets. I bought it off e-bay for about $300 and it is supposed to be good up to 215hp. It fits right into the front bumper of my two door X3 with slight cutting around the mouth on the bumper but I didn't have to cut the frame or anything else. If you are willing to do some cutting to fit your I/C pipes I would recommend something a little wider, maybe a 30" but the 6" height fits just below the black metal bumper and behind the plastic outter bumper.

[Edited by X3Jason on Sep 29, 2004 4:59 AM]

·
Registered
718 Posts
OT: x3 why didnt you use 2.5" pipe to from IC to TB in the beginning LOL also was gonna ask how well those beta injectors are holding up to 9psi? Or should i look at getting bigger ones if im trying to get to 10psi? Because i think my setup will be about the same as your setup.

[Edited by phantam on Sep 29, 2004 7:11 AM]

·
Registered
47 Posts
How about a big one:

I'm going to have to re-measure it though....I think it's a 26x6x3, but my brain is currently out of order ;)

[Edited by Bjurr on Sep 29, 2004 7:19 AM]

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
your best bet is measuring exactly the size you will need. I put up my intecooler pipes, measured the exact distance i needed (32.5" inclduding outlets) and meaured the spots for brackets and had it made to spec. I juts couldnt find anyone that had one premade that would fit with the pipes i had.... Definately dont regret doing it this way

[Edited by MadHatter on Sep 29, 2004 8:11 AM]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts