Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving like i do every morning on my way to work 5:00am, cool temp outside no snow abit of rain. i was doing 130kmh=80mph constant when my car felt like you would lift your foot of the gas and the car would just starting slowing down but faster. my foot was still on the gas so i pushed a little harder nothing the car just continued slowing down, no CEL no lights no nothing so i gave it abit more gas (i keep an eye on the morons around me with my mirrors at all times) so i look through the rear view mirror and alot of white smoke (common in winter) is puffing up behind me then a big puff of black smoke the white again!!!!!.

through the whole thing the clutch wasn't slipping the car wassent revving it just seemd like i had no gas, but the smoke said i did!

after a few secound the car feels back to normal, as if nothing happend i lost 30kmh of speed! and the car just picked back up went back to where it was. two mins later it happend again this time worse than before the car felt like i was putting the brakes on thats how fast i was decelarating and i had my foot around 50% on the gas!??.

so i pulled over let the car sit for a min running and nothing, i rev it a few times to see if anything was wrong "clutch". i tried pulling back onto the highway twice but the car woulnt' go, and then on the third time i went like nothing was wrong then did it again so i just put my 4ways on and limped the last 4miles to work.:sleepy:

after work i started the car drove home perfectly fine, i opened the hood to check for wires loose, anything but nothing seemed wrong except for the car seeming to be running abit rough.

was this all elctrical?:nervous:

·
Registered
464 Posts
I had a problem similar to this in my 88 Cutlass Cierra, it had 3 coil packs in it (I think the elantras are also coil packs?) one of my coil packs had a TINY crack in it on the bottom, and when it was wet or humid it would act the same way you just described, I noticed one night when I was driving I had to pull over, and when I popped the hood I was looking around and saw a tiny arc. After replacing that everything ran fine.

Not sure if thats what it is, but i'm trying to help.

·
Registered
72 Posts
dude the same thing happened to me. It happened within 3 days straight and the I was driving to work then all of a sudden my car started slowing down really fast. I had my foot completely on the gas and still slowing down. I got of the next exit, the second I stopped at a light the car turned off. Popped the hood and look fine. Apparantley I blew a rod and now Im getting a new one.

[Edited by BoardinAce18 on Jan 8, 2006 10:49 PM]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts