Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
uh... I think that you're asking whether or not somebody has bored out their own throttle body. Is that it? I'm pretty sure nobody has, most people just purchase an aftermarket unit.

I've seen a few examples of Betas running custom built intake manifolds along with Honda CRV throttle bodies (I think they're something like 62mm or something?), but the cars were from foreign countries so there's a language barrier there... Would love to get some info from the owners.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
tons of people have bored there throttle body
you can go up to 58mm with it onpol used to have a shop up the road from him do it for us

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Which way would be better doing for horsepower. Buying an aftermarket bbtb, intake manifold or having a shop bore out the stock bbtb and intake manifold?

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
aftermarket has shown more flow on a flowbench so it should be better

but

you can get the IM and TB bored for about 250 and have it flow alright or you can spend about 700 to get a aftermarket IM and TB and have it flow a little better than the stockers

one will be prettier than the other so it depends on the "rice" factor if you wanna spend way more money

ive seen guys hit 300hp on the stock IM and TB

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
y recive my big bore TB and y took out the intake manifold ported machted the best i can but there i noticed there two place you cant bore because of the wall of the intake manifold (hard to explan) any way it work good and growl beter 8D and for the TB shark racing there a passage for other type of engine idle in the TB that y plug that passage because it was open to out side unfilter air not good and MAF dont read it. if you planned to buy juste wacht for that and plug it

[Edited by snow freak 500 on Jan 12, 2006 8:22 PM]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts