Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/202827/4

I have researched and researched but i cannot find a picture of the actual ecu. Anyone with a 99 tiburon fx could you give me some help? Thanks

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
That would be it!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. Now i can finally start installing my safc2
8D

[Edited by lukeyn on Feb 16, 2006 2:11 PM]

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
over on hyundaiaftermarket.org their is a guide to help you (in case you didnt know). The only thing I suggest is to solder all the wires and not use wiretaps like the guide suggest. I made that mistake with my boost controller

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright thanks for the tip, i just bought a new solder tool so i will put it to use, what would be the negative side effects of using wire taps though?

[Edited by lukeyn on Feb 16, 2006 8:32 PM]

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
One is not all of the wires your tapping into are the same size, making it a bit of pain. Other than that the wiretaps dont provide the best connection and when your trying to read things like throttle position, rpm etc You need a solid connection! I think they are great for all sorts of things, just not a good idea for tapping into ecu wires. It took about a month and they got loose in my car....

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll take your word for it, i want something that is going to last

·
Registered
842 Posts
i've had the same experience as omg with my AFC and A/F Gauge. especially with the TPS wire on the AFC.

on a side note, Radio Shacks connectors are a lot higher quality (or at least i've had a lot more success with them) than some found at Home Depot, WalMart, etc. and at a comparable price.

i got a cold heat soldering iron for christmas and i'm just waiting for my next project to test it. :smoking:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the help guys, I got my safc2 up and running this past weekend

1 - 9 of 9 Posts