Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.sharkracing.com/acecart/bin/shop.cgi?action=view&itemID=remappedecu_2_1&cate=010703000

For the horsepower potential gains it looks promising but without having a turbo is this worth the price? Looks like an easy install.

·
Registered
886 Posts
It says gains of 5-8 hp where did you see anything about a turbo. That is a fair amount of power to gain off our motors with not much to start, the thing that owuld probably really help is the 7500rpm redline, but this could be bad on a stock motor.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I was thinking about getting that aswell if my SAFC-II and a dyno tune cant change my redline. Let me know how it works out if you grab it.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
yea, that won't work for me though i have an automatic, its only for manual cars..... sucks for me

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Yes, 100 HP at the flywheel...figure 10-15% less than that for the actual HP at the wheels, so around 80-85 WHP (Wheel HP). All car manufacturers will list the HP at the flywheel, partly because the average person wouldn't understand the difference or the reasons for the difference between Flywheel HP and Wheel HP, but also so they can advertise a higher number lol. I'm not sure if Shark Racing's 5-8 HP estimated increase is an increase at the flywheel or at the actual wheels, though.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Ok, so lately it's been proven that the MAF based Beta ECU will run the 1.5 X3 engine... And I know that you can use the Beta 2 ECU with the 1.6 harness when doing a Beta swap on an LC... Has anyone ever tried running their 1.6 with the Beta 2 ECU??? I mean, it would fit... :ermm: Not sure about performance gains, but it'd be my first choice to try out before dishing out nearly 400 bucks for 5-8 HP.

·
Registered
508 Posts
^^ i think the 2.0L beta2 ecm pins dont match up with the 1.6L alpha2 but i can be wrong.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Yeah...like hell I would shell out $385 for an ECU...much less one that's probably just going to weaken my engine in the end w/ the increased red line...and for a measly 5-8 HP...not going to happen. But that doesn't mean you can't do it!! lol

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Originally posted by Accent95
[body]
Originally posted by anthonyfa18
[body]
^^ i think the 2.0L beta2 ecm pins dont match up with the 1.6L alpha2 but i can be wrong.
[/body]
You are right, the pins are different and could not be done.
[/body]
Huh... Must only be the LCs with the 1.5 sohc... My mistake. :zzz:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts