Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all this is about my dads car its a Hyundia Accent 1.3 GSI the problem is how do i get the original head unit out i have taken some pics as well below i hope some body can help me.

·
Registered
124 Posts
-first, under the dash on the drivers side, there are two cables comming from the hvac controls, you have to pop them out of the metal clips, and them press the plastic tab down on the knob at the end of the cable, and slide the round part of the cable off the know, then open your glove compartment, pop out the little black retainers on the sides that hole it in the open position, you will have to push them intothe box while pulling them forward at the same time. once both are out, disconnect the last heater cable the same way you did the first two. then, pop open your cup holder, if you look in there with it pulled out about 1/2 way, you will see two philips head screws, remove them, then firmly grasp the sides of that black bezel and pull it towards you, un hook all your electricl pugs and put the center out... then there will be two or four screws holding the deck in... pretty straight forward from here on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for your help do you know if after market cage orwill stereo go straight in or do i need any thing else plus do i need a wire harness to connect to new kenwood stereo.

·
Registered
124 Posts
on the side of your kenwood stereo, you will see screw holes with "T" and "N" (they are origionally designed for toyota and nissan mounting) anyways, you just take the two brackets off your factory deck and use two of the holes on the side of the new deck, I forget exactly which ones, but i have this strange feeling wanting to say it the forward-most "T" holes...but don't quote me on that. as far as the cage goes, chuck it, or take it and have it bronzed or chrome plated or any other thing you can think of... cause you won't need it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks for all your help i could not have done this with out you, it all went well it took me a while but i got there in the end. My dad is very very pleased with his new stereo.

·
Registered
124 Posts
good to hear it all worked out for you... kinda funny, i didn't notice that you were across the puddle from me...lol
just noticed your car is right hand drive.... were the heater cables still the same, 2 on the left side and one on the right, or do they actually swap them like they do the steering wheel... and put 2 on the left, one on the right?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was all just as you said it would be my guess is they just swap the steering wheel over, could you tell me where new brunswick is ?

·
Registered
124 Posts
New Brunswick is in eastern Canada, the Canadian province right the state of Maine in the USA. .. just for fun, search online for some of our tourist attractions... just to name a few...we have the world's largest... axe, potatoe, lobster, fiddle, and the world's longest covered bridge.... actually, here, see some of them for yourself..
Large Canadian Roadside Attractions - New Brunswick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts