Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. Ive seen this question a bunch of times on this forum and Ive even asked it myslef a lot. Well since I bought the Tiburon I got more and more into it and decided to go for it. I took the GK steering wheel off and it FIT! All thats different is the airbag. The conection in the Accent is 2 wires to the airbag and the Tib is 1. Now with some rewiring you can get the horn to connect just fine. Other than that it should have just been an OEM part in the GT Accents IMO.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
looks good man, thats a great idea

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its really not that hard that it would need a DIY. I guess well here I'll make one up and with pics too..hows that? Give me till Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I really like that wheel. It's comfortable, and looks great. Good job!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
figured out the airbag yet ?
Didnt want to mess with the airbag...Its got a compleatly different setup than the Accents so I'm leaving it off...

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I would think that they would not. I'm basing that purely off of the year difference. But it's a completely new model from the LCs so I'm going to place my money on the fact that you can't just plug and play.

·
Registered
596 Posts
You might be able to just swap connectors over tho...
Then it would be plug and play...
But here in Aus you would need to get this modification certified by an engineer...

Cheers
scythe

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a small DIY up...its on this forum somewhere, but anyway...Im not sure because there are 2 plus that go directly into the airbag itself. but splicing two seperate wire together to match 1 or splitting one wire into two wouldnt be somethign i wanna mess with unless you have a spare Tib airbag you wanna test...they go for around $600 factory or you might find one on ebay for 300...The new MCs I didnt try only because I didnt like thier wheel enough to want to pay $600 for the air bag an $200 for the wheel.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts