Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys ever jump yours?

I was racing a friend of mine the other night and we hit this railroad track, and another friend of mine was following and told me i got about a foot off the ground.

I tried it again tonight and sure enough, going maybe 60MPH i definitely got all for off the ground. the most surprising thing, I really didn't feel the landing at all. It might be that the curvature of this particular railroad track is just right since i really don't think that Zenn springs and stock struts are anything amazing. i'll try and get pictures in action because i'm still amazed at how easily the accent handled being airborne. also, i'm not seeing any damage or wear on the suspension system.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I accidentely did that.. too bad it was a double railroad track and the landing was on the second set of rails. The landing was far from smooth.. my poor aligmnent.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Mine has been jumped several times...there's a perfect road back at my hometown that we used to jump everything we could find at back in highschool...yeah that downslope landing is key. I used to have a Chevy Cavalier...broke 2 motor mounts...oops. I think Busysquirrel is into this as well haha.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
WanValdez said:
I think Busysquirrel is into this as well haha.
I've done that a time or two.:eek:

Got it in the air on gravel once at about 65. Came down at about a 30 degree angle sideways, bounced and skidded while trying to straighten it out before I hit the bicyclist sharing the "road", that I didn't see until midair.:eek: We were both trespassing on private property and didn't expect the other to be there.

I remember seeing him, while I was in midair, ditch his bike in the middle of the "road", and dive into the bushes and mud. Poor guy! I managed to miss his bike and we turned around to go apologize, but him and the bike were GONE! He was probably a homeless guy from the shelter two blocks away. He probably thought I was trying to kill him.

But my two passengers and I got a good laugh from it afterwards.:D

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
I've jumped lots of cars but I don't remember ever jumping the Accent...

I got a ticket because I was flying airborn across in front of a cop at 75mph in my old full sized Blazer.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
i jumped my accent once.. trying to make a light, it just turned yellow so i hit the gas and sped up to 60mph.. yeah the street slopes up till the middle of the intersection and than back down.. got almost a foot landed on a bit of an angle but straighted it out.. tottally didn't expect it but was fun.. never tried again...

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
My buddy jumped his '00 Civic Si going over some railroad tracks near work. He only got about 6 inches off the ground, and he tweaked his frame really badly...I'm talking a full freakin' inch of his hood overlapping the fender :eek:. Then my other friend hit the tracks at about 60 in his MazdaSpeed Protege and got about a foot of air. He hit even harder (obviously), and he had no damage whatsoever. Stupid Honda's and their girly metal...haha.

If I had known a stupid person was gonna total my Accent last March, I would have beat on it soooo much harder than I did...haha.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
what a stupid thing to do,

you can literalyl deploy your airbags bacause of the Impact

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
like i said, there's an awesome angle on these tracks, probably pretty close to perfect

·
Registered
103 Posts
LOL. I did that once in my dodge shadow. In brockville, I too hit a set of railroad tracks.

I will set the stage a bit to give you an Idea of what happened.

There were 2 signs posted on the tracks (didn't read them until afterword)
1st Max speed 10kph
2nd No clearance under long vehicals (sp*)- (yeah it was a very acute angle)

I hit the tracks doing about 110kph and really got airborn (+10ft easy). My brother was in the back seat (with his belt on) and the force of the 'impact broke his thumb (he was holding the holy f$$k bar).

I must have landed at about a 45 degree angle (I landed on the bottom of the front bumper ), Thank god I did because if I landed flat I would have toasted my oil pan.

We went back the next day to measure how far I flew . . . . 54ft from the crest of the tracks to where I took a chunk out of the road.

:p I drove the car for a year after that no porblems......

·
Registered
6 Posts
I jumped with my 99 accent too, but sometimes things can go very very wrong.. very quick!

For those of you able to understand french...

Heres a video of a kid a few years back, he killed himself jumping his acura. Full video footage, nothing NSFW (disgusting) but its touching.

A group named Projet orange , made a song with it...

Heres the video

Music video link..
YouTube - Projet Orange - De Héros À Zéro

News link.. (watch it near the end theres some sort of loud speaker noise.. made me jump! lol)
YouTube - Acura Integra Type R That Killed

·
Registered
502 Posts
I jump my accent every once and a while and never thought too much of it because its always smooth, but now that I see that movie... thats scary I better slow down... mabe.

there was always small dips on the 5 freeway and coming out of one at 80mph got me a couple inches off the ground, and I love the look on peoples faces watching me literally fly by... O well I'm gonna stop.:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts