Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am very familiar with DSMs, and me and my friend noticed that the engine bay of the accent i got is very familiar to that of a 1G dsm... he has an eagle talkin turbo motor, and i was wondering if it is possible for me to swap it in, considering the motor would be put in backwards, i think it would work...

ANY INPUT????

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
its been a while since this has been talked about. But the Tranny for the DSM and Accent are on opposite sides. So they wouldnt line up right (or at all). If you had a Right Hand Drive accent, that it would be do-able (and it has been done). But for a US accent, i dont think its possible. I know the older Elantra fits the 4G63T (Turbo Eclipses) in just fine. Check out the Hybird forum. Welcome To The Fam.

[Edited by ftwvampftw on Nov 20, 2005 6:32 PM]

·
Registered
154 Posts
hmmm...but what about the evo's? their motors sit backwards from the dsm's. I know they are awd and their tranny is different...but what if you could flip the motor (like an evo) it would fit then?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IDK guys i thought it would work perfectly... damn, now all my dreams for having the first 4G63T are shattered :cry: , is there any other turbo motor i can drop in with no problem?, as in an easy 1 day SWAP?? or has a VTEC motor ever been dropped in??

ANY INPUT???

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
You should be banned for mentioning putting a honda motor in a Hyundai.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
^^I'm with him on that...^^

;)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
A local shop has a turbocharged B16 swapped into an X3, however it's a shop car so it had a bigger budget and almost unlimited resources.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
^^^ Should be banned too. ^^^

·
Registered
10 Posts
welcome to the hyundai fam dude i recently just purchased myself and other than the car weighing almost the same as a lotus and being tossed around in the wind like a leaf......i love it..... o yea anyone heard of STi motor swap..... possible or no

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
no but i have heard of the beta swap, its the best thing for our accent unless you go turbo, the beta engine puts out 130 HP correct me if im wrong, but its a solid engine, and if you turbo then its even better, but read the hybrid forums, they tell you what engines you are able to swap into our accents

1 - 10 of 10 Posts