Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, long time since i have called myself a newbie on an automotive fourm. I bought a 2004 Accent, 2dr 5spd. Very pleased with it so far, peppy little car for a DOHC 1.6. (was used to my old 98 neon, 2.0 DOHC) I have spent the last month or so on this fourm looking through all the mods and upgrades i can do to my car, so far, i'm very impressed with this fourm, (i'm used to the neoncanada.com and mrnec.org fourms) and you guys have gave me lots of ideas, so far i have made a mesh grill, sri ( building a cai), did the clear corners, and scraped the crap off the back of the guages and installed LED's.. guage numbes are nice and white at night now. my question now is, white faced guages, i see they have ones for a 2002 on ebay, they seem to look the same as my guages with the exception that they are 4 pieces( tach, speedo, fuel/temp, and the info lights strip on the bottom), and mine are only two (guages all together, and then the info light strip), so, anyone know if they will still work? now, my next question, front strut brace, on e-bay, i see one for an 01 -03, wondering if it will fit my 04? next, has anyone ever relocated thier evap canister so a duel exaust set up (one in, 2 out muffler, or a straight thu with a "Y" pipe and 2 tail pipes), if so, how, and where did you route and locate everything. i've searched alot for info on this, with no luck. but here is one plus for this Fourm, the search works very well here! good work, and keep up the good work, and info on here, hopefully i'll be here a long time

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
the LC2 Accents (2003-2005) came with a version that has indiglo gauges which are whitefaced i believe. The ones that are built for the LC will not work for you because the odometers are completely different. Yours are digital and ours (i've an LC) are analog and they won't like up properly. check a junkyard, craigslist, or search a little more on ebay.

I'm not sure about whether or not the strut bar will fit your car but i'd suggest you stay away from the one's on ebay. I was told not to get them because you get what you pay for, a $20 piece of crap. I got mine from KSPEC.com and am very pleased with it.

I'm not sure about the exhaust but I wouldn't do a dual exhaust just because I don't think your car is putting out the numbers to need it and it will jsut end up looking ridiculous.

Welcome to the boards and hopefully you enjoy it here. There's been a dip in productivity around here but I think there's quite a few people who would love to turn it around!

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Welcome to the boards! The white faced indiglo gauges are a nice choice and you should be able to hook up the tach and other gauges you don't have. Use Hyundai Service Technology for the wiring schematics or if you need help drop me a PM. Keep an eye out in the for sale section, there are strut bars popping up often there. Also if you ever want to swap in a more powerfull motor check out the hybrid section for beta swap info, It will blow away the 1.6L, I know cause I killed a former members LC2 (Matt1840) on some backroad racing.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
And let me stressed killed, it was over after first gear:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts