Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought an 03 v6 gt and already im having problems with the clutch/transmission everytime i put it in gear it is really rough sometimes grinds, when i go to shift its like the shifter is hitting a brick wall that is a gear....however when i do hit the clutch pedal hard it goes in like butter most of the time, also if i pump the clutch pedal a few times it does, also when i double clutch and sometimes have to triple clutch, what could this be? im thinking maybe a air bubble in the clutch line, but i dont know ANYTHING about this car except that it is fast...i practically stole it because its an 03 v6 gt 6 speed with only 54,000 on it and i paid 5700 after dealer taxes and fees, they wanted 7488 originally for just the car so im a good negotiator. it has been sitting for months at the dealer ship being started only occasionally. anyways someone pleeeeeease help me. i cant get online always so if you can text me at 603 275 5056 it would be greatly appreciated, if not ill check as soon as i can. THANK YOU!

Nick.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh yeah the car has 54k miles on it and minor dents and dings, it still has the original manual and rearview mirror and warranty tags and the window sticker from when it first came out in the glove box lmao. its the v6 gt, is that the tuscani? i seriously need help with this problem first, but i also need a mentor after to tell me about what all the stuff means what there is and whats what, but someone please help with this problem first im desperate cuz i completely fell in love with this car when i drove it off the lot so thank you all!

·
Registered
256 Posts
replace the flywheel and clutch before you damage your syncros. the flywheel in my car broke at the center ring that would cause irratic clutch engagement and disengagement so do yourself a favor and get it swapped out. the only problem you are going to have with that is there is 2 different flywheels so that will slow down the install time i would suggest not buying the flywheel until you crack open your trans to see which one you have fidanza has a good article on their websight to explain the differences between the 2.
good luck on the tib and the first 2 mods you should do (if your state permits) is a cold air intake and a dc sports 3-1 header

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im in florida my state permits anything, no inspections lol...anyways its not as serious as a flywheel thats a little too extreme for my problem, i took it to the women who sold it to me her mechanic said its the master cylinder and they have to order it, they want like 88-98 dollars for the part they arent sure if its master or slave so those are the two prices, not including installed, i told her i didnt brake it, he told her its not from abuse and not my fault so she said i only have to pay half. and why should i do intake and headers? what will this do for me? is the master or slave something i can do in my parkinglot? with little to no tools?

·
Registered
256 Posts
the slave cylinder you can fix in a parkinglot with a buddy and some simple tools mabey even the mastercylinder as well but if you have no mechanical knowledge of changing and bleeding a hydraulic system than i would leave it up to a mechanic to fix. if you have that knowledge than you need to search the forum and find the diy for the slave cylinder mod that quickens up your clutch disengagement and do that while you have the system apart. when i said to put on a cai and headers that is because they have the most bang for your buck on these engines.

·
Registered
959 Posts
it sounds like someone probably put it into reverse while on the highway. my buddy did that to his, and i did it for fun to trash it when i got a sport tranny. ditto on the flywheel. fidanza is the brand to go with though. the gk also has a defective clutch. IT WILL GO. mine went at around 60k miles. centerforce makes great clutches. the shifting is tough but it is normal. you don't shift gears with that tranny. you basically have to shift out of a gear then into the next. the tolerances are alot finer than other hyundais so the system runs a little rougher until its warmed up. cai is good, dc headers are useless until you get a catback. ark n2 is the best for the time being, and has been for awhile. dc headers are the best, and have been for awhile. shark makes a big bore throttle body that you should look into and a larger intake manifold helps. your intake to exhaust path is only as efficient as the smallest part of the path.

heads up. the stock engine sucks for any kind of turbo tuning. YOU MUST UPGRADE THE INTERNALS FIRST. i have done a massive amount of engine upgrades and i know this from first hand experience. but, if you do blow your engine you can buy another online for about 550 at about 50k miles.

my sig can give you more ideas as far as tuning.

congrats on the car and the deal though.

dave.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey i got the stage 3 clutch and lightweight chrom molly flywheel in my car and got it back today so far it is going awesome a little rickety taking off though probably because its a single mass flywheel but so far it revs up fast i shift at 4 it starts next gear at 3.5 its the xtd set that a couple people said to stay away from utbut so far i really love the thing its very beefy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
go to i2tuning.com and email him he can hook you uo with light weight flywheel and clutchmaster clutch. newtiburon.com is also a good site to go to

1 - 10 of 10 Posts