Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I was talking to some people today and they told me that the canadian eagle talon turbo engine sits on the passenger side of the engine bay and the tranny on the driver side. SO! I'm starting to think that the swap is still possible for me. Then when I got home, my girlfriends brother told me that he talked to a guy that knows of someone who's done the swap to his Scoupe. I'll be trying to get in contact with him. Also, I am going to ask my friend to hook me up with that guy he knows that has a 93 Eagle Talon turbo. I'd also like to ask s-coupe to please keep me REALLY informed on that swap of yours man! My email address is [email protected]

·
Registered
37 Posts
hey guys if it possible why no body here have done it
i never heard this....

if its possible you are not the only interested....:lol:

·
Registered
903 Posts
I'm almost positive i've told you this information before, but here it is again.

All DSM turbo model cars have the motor on the american drivers side, and the gearbox on the american passenger side. This applies for both fwd and 4wd variants.

This contradicts what your friends have told you. I suggest you don't take much notice of what they tell you. I'm surprised even more so that your friend even has one, and still doesn't know what he's on about.

·
Registered
903 Posts
The only possible dsm conversion is to the old Hyundai sports coupe's that were originally turbochared from Hyundai. I just checked your history, and i see that you are the same person I helped in the past. Is there something you aren't quite sure about which leads you to believe that we are giving you wrong information???

If you have the turbocharged shape sports coupe, you can either drop in the eclipse turbo, eagle talon turbo, or galant vr4 turbo motor, which is a 2.0 litre 4G63T engine, or alternatively, you can install a 4G93T 1.8 litre engine from the australian lancer GSR turbo. If you're going to do an engine swap, get a decent powerplant that gives you a good base. Don't bother installing an n/a 2.0 from another hyundai, you may as well just modify what you've got if that's the case.

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you were to go with a 4WD base would you be able to keep that 4wd or would you have to make it fwd. Im kind of thinking its possible to keep it 4wd but it would be a pain to get it to the way they act on evos and such. Could you reply back with some information about 4wd if you have time, thanks.

·
Registered
903 Posts
The problem is sourcing parts for a complete 4wd system. most Hyundai's have the fuel cell completely in the way. Then depending on what car u want to put it in, you have to have enough room, to fit the diffs. It's not that it's impossible, there's an accent here with the 4wd drivetrain from the lancer gsr, but it is a lot of work. I feel that if you're going to go 4wd, just go buy a DSM, but if you are happy with just an engine swap, then try that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
O.K! What about the '91 S-Coupe? I know the 4G63t fits. I've found one in a perfect condition with the 4wd transmition. So, if i want to go 4wd would it be possible to do so? I found out that the S-Coupe was based on a platform that was originally rear-weel drive. Having in mind that i have a FIA approven fuel tank which is placed inside the car, would it be possible to fit the "diffs" even by moving the exhaust?

·
Registered
903 Posts
I'm not sure where you found out it's based on a rwd. if you can re-route your exhaust and have a fuel tank to support the rear differential, then you can fit it. this is the sort of job where you will have to put the 4wd parts up against the car and have a good look. people who have not done this will not be able to tell you if it will fit perfectly, odds are that you will need to make changes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts