Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if it is worth getting the drop in filter for my 08 elantra???? eventually i'll get a cai for it but it is too new to start taking things apart......

and does the sri for the tiburon fit on the 08 elantra??

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
The SRI/CAI may cause a CEL depending on the size and length of it. I tried a 3 inch CAI on my HD and the car ran too lean (a CEL lean condition) for the ECU to accept. The ECU no longer adapts as far as it once did.

A drop in filter is good enough.

One thing to think of too is the intake air cools the ECU. Removing the factory airbox can cause it to overheat the ECU. With a CAI/SRI, you need to figure a way to cool the ECU.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The SRI/CAI may cause a CEL depending on the size and length of it. I tried a 3 inch CAI on my HD and the car ran too lean (a CEL lean condition) for the ECU to accept. The ECU no longer adapts as far as it once did.

A drop in filter is good enough.

One thing to think of too is the intake air cools the ECU. Removing the factory airbox can cause it to overheat the ECU. With a CAI/SRI, you need to figure a way to cool the ECU.
wow thanks thats good to know........ is there any way to take the resonators off the air intake and close th holes up? i was thinking about getting the dropin and taking off the first section of intake before the box and adding a hose toward the front

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
wow thanks thats good to know........ is there any way to take the resonators off the air intake and close th holes up? i was thinking about getting the dropin and taking off the first section of intake before the box and adding a hose toward the front
The *resonator* is ahead of the airbox (somewhat hard to remove) and using a 2 inch plumbing cap, you can seal up the hole.

I left the tubing intact for now. Once I go turbo, thats a different story.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts