Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just crawled out from under my car after a once (more like thrice) over of my suspension, I thought I'd been having a problem with my collars comming loose, I heard clunking and spring pops on a fairly frequent basis. I went ahead and lubed up the rubber gromet (mobil1 grease) on each end of the spring perch in the front and tightened the rear down(this time with a mallot) a ton.

anyone with this suspension setup have these noises, or use that grease to solve a spring popping, it has also started to eat some of the rubber pieces, the one on the passenger side is really badly eaten. I've heard of this happening before, there are companies out there that use a slick rubber like material in the same place as these rubber monkies that k-sport uses.

anyone considering buying this suspension, please understand that it is a GREAT setup, but if you'r like me it will require regular( every month or two) maintenance. if anyone wants more detail about the setup or anything like that, let me know....

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I got a clicking (click,click, click) sound when I turned left or right. When I go faster the sound would be faster. Now that I sold everything off the car, there is still a clicking sound.. any idea?

I got a squeeking sound in the back, but that was from the top mount rubbing the metal of the car. So I got some Dura-Lube oil (wd/40 type stuff). And it would go away for about 2 months, than i'd have to re apply it.

These coilovers were bad ass for the price, and being the only ones for the Accent worth a crap, they were awesome. But when I get my car i'm just going to get Tein coilovers and save all the issues.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Originally posted by ftwvampftw
[body]
I got a clicking (click,click, click) sound when I turned left or right. When I go faster the sound would be faster. Now that I sold everything off the car, there is still a clicking sound.. any idea?
[/body]
sounds like a cv joint

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
nm, drove today and I dont hear. it.. Weird.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey Vamp, you said your going Tein soon. I am not all knowing but I was unaware they made coilovers for the LC2(I'm probably wrong). Is it another app that just fits on our cars or what?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Originally posted by 187sks
[body]
He's buying an SRT-4...they're not for the LC2.
[/body]
/signed.

beat me to it. =)

·
Registered
508 Posts
^^^ well if your selling part off you lc2 i can be a good buyer, i want your ksport coilovers, add me to msn so we can talk [email protected]

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I have the clicking noise when i turn left to right sometimes...im not sure if its the brakeline ring brace rubbing against the side because last time i looked there, i just saw some rubbing from the little braces from the brakelines. But other than that...its pretty good..maybe a lil too stiff and makes lots of cluncking noise when i hit over potholes.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cv joint noise can be temperature fussy.. it'll come and go for a while untill it's pronounced and the damage is bad.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Beware of greasing anything that moves and is exposed to dirt. Grease will pick up the dirt and hold it between the 2 surfaces it's supposed to be lubricating and cause increased wear. Use a good silicone lubricant, WD40, etc. but unless it's sealed you should not use grease.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Originally posted by anthonyfa18
[body]
^^^ well if your selling part off you lc2 i can be a good buyer, i want your ksport coilovers, add me to msn so we can talk [email protected]

[/body]
sold everything, car is stock

1 - 16 of 16 Posts