Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Dragonis said:
I bought mine from them 2 weeks ago, still waiting to recieve it
yeah KDM is as slow as buying stuff from shark racing, because they are also from South Korea.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Which kit did you get and how much did it run you?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Im doing a turbo kit right now for my 02 Accent 1.6 DOHC im runing Garrett T25 turbo, unversal piping pit with intercooler, type R blow off value puting the filter direct onto the turbo having a turbo shop make me a manifold and downpipe and a powerchip program, NGK iridium plugs, and ording some injectos custom form RC injectors planning on 10 to 14 psi and will need oil lines they over price do it your self my friend did the same set up as me before he sold his accent and he was making 225 HP

Waste gate on turbo-Turbo from was free but its from a Saab you can get it from ebay for 185
Piping from cxracing -215
Blow off value unversal on ebay -35
Turbo manifold- 400
NGK iridium plugs -27
injectors-100 to 200
Powerchip form powerchipgroup.com 400

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
see the thing is that finding a right manifold i 've seen kia 1.6 turbo manifold

on ebay saying that thay will fit on hyundai 1.6 as well but i dont know if that

is ture if not i can also get local guys to make simple log style manifold for

around 300 i guess that is cheaper way to do how did your friend manage to

control air and feul i mean engine management. that is the biggest issue and

another issue is that have heard from some people that there is no feul return

line on my accent how did you get away with that problem??

·
Registered
159 Posts
For the fuel im going to upgrade my fuel pump and get a fuel management from Apexi for the manifold have a local shop make it for you its usally 100 dollars a cylinder or go to kspec detail Ultimate Hyundai Performance Upgrade Center i send them an email and they will do a 1.6 turbo manifold on request of paying this manifold
The only things that im working on now is taping the oil lines

Ebay can be your best friend

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Your probable better off to get something better thatn the Apexi. Like a emange or smt6. I read that they dont work to good on our cars, since we have a " learning ECM" I am also in the work of turboing my 1.5 2002 accent. I am going to conver my fuel sytem to return. Good luck.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
do you like your set up? cause i'm thinking of buying stage 2 super but

not sure if they are any good or reliable

·
Registered
174 Posts
i haven't recieved it yet, should be this week or early next week. I thought about going stage 2 but i didn't know how well the ecu would work. I can upgrade easily to the stage 1 super if i need to, just need to buy a decompression plate, but well see how this works first

·
Registered
159 Posts
wow 3500 wow all the super is a bigger cooler and turbo but the t3 sucks bc it has a slow spul up time to the t25 but you dont even need a big cooler for an accent the larger cooler only are good for a set up with 15-25 psi or so and no way are you ever going to run that much boost on a stock motor

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Hyundaiturbo14b was telling me he noticed a difference in the power when he put on a larger I/C. Even at 5 psi. Not sure what it is. Better flow maybe, cools the air down more...

·
Registered
174 Posts
woohoo, turbo kit came in today, took them 2 weeks like they said. should be about another week before i can get it installed

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Nice..again lets us know how it is. I migt just go out there once its done to see it first hand.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts