Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So now that I have my Accent back and some money saved up I’ve decided that it’s time for a swap. However when researching the swap I really got confused about the whole process and right when I would read something that helped me understand the problem better 5 minutes later I would come across another post saying something different. So here is what I have so far, if something is wrong please let me know. Thanks for the help.

I currently have the 1999 Hyundai accent, 1.5l, SOHC, MAF based, with a manual transmission.
For The Swap.

Engine: 2000 Tiburon 2.0 l

Transmission: I’m assuming the one from the SOHC 1.5l will work, I know I could use the one from the Tiburon, but I’d prefer the accent transmission.

ECU/Wiring: From what I have read my harness will plug in to the ECU from the Tiburon, and that only a few wires would have to be lengthened.

Engine Mounts: I will need the passenger side engine mount from the Tiburon.

Axles: The stock axles will work but I use the Beta Transmission one axle will have to be shortened.

·
Registered
686 Posts
the ecu will only plug in 95-97, the plugs aren't the same on the 98-99

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So then can i use the stock Accent ECU? Or is there a write up any where about the wiring. This is my third engine swap, the other two were a ls/vtec in a integra and sr20det red top in a 240. So far the accent seems to be less complicated aside from the wiring and mount.

·
Registered
686 Posts
yes, i believe the engine will run off the stock ecu, just not to its full potential and it will throw some codes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, this the last question then I swear ill stop asking. Will the 2000 Elantra's ECU plug into my harness?

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
No, completely different plug.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts