Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so a couple weeks ago, specifically the week of the NW meet to Stonehenge, I had to replace the fuse on my cd player cuz when I changed my headlight we accidentally blew a couple fuses, we had to take the battery out cuz I got in an accident and it pushed the light back~~ anyways, it took me a couple of weeks of bad reception to figure this out but now my automatic aftermarket antenna is no longer goin up and down~~:( I cant seem to find a fuse for it anywhere on my car so I was wondering if anyone could help me out on this and figure out what happened or do you think Im gonna have to go back to the place I got it at and have them re-wire it!!:confused:

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
You sure there isnt a in-line fuse somewhere? Ill have to check that out.

I think when you pulled the cd player you either forgot, or plugged it in the wrong wire. There is a soild blue wire that is for a amp sense, while a blue with a white stripe for power attena. But i dont see how if you wired it up to the wrong one that would stop it. Sounds like its time to take the dash apart to test stuff..:( Hey.. ill grab a multi-meter to see if you have power at attena motor.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok sounds good!! I hate static and thats what I got rite now since it cant go up and down! I would take it to the place that installed it but Im not sure if they would charge me cuz I cant seem to find the paperwork to see if its still under warranty, I have all my other paperwork for my car I just cant find that one!!:p

·
Registered
108 Posts
wilburisthecoolest said:
You sure there isnt a in-line fuse somewhere? Ill have to check that out.

I think when you pulled the cd player you either forgot, or plugged it in the wrong wire. There is a soild blue wire that is for a amp sense, while a blue with a white stripe for power attena. But i dont see how if you wired it up to the wrong one that would stop it. Sounds like its time to take the dash apart to test stuff..:( Hey.. ill grab a multi-meter to see if you have power at attena motor.
+1 on ensuring the correct lead is used on the back of the stereo. If its hooked into the "remote" lead, it'll be on/up whenever the deck is powered on. If its hooked into the "power ant" lead, it'll only be up when the tuner is the current source.

Whoever installed it *should* have used an inline fuse. There's always the chance that perhaps the motor got a good jolt when those other fuses blew, or maybe it just sucks and when you got hit something inside of it got knocked loose. Also check the grounds....and make sure the antenna cord itself is plugged in snug!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I guess it ended up bein the ground on the antenna came loose! So it works now!!! YAY!!! Im sooo much happier now that its not static:D

·
Registered
108 Posts
97redtib said:
Well I guess it ended up bein the ground on the antenna came loose! So it works now!!! YAY!!! Im sooo much happier now that its not static:D

Grounds can do some crazy things - whenever anything "odd" starts happening that is at all electrically related - ALWAYS check grounds first. Every single one. Yours was loose, but you'd be amazed what a just a little corrosion can do!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didnt even know antennas had grounds!! LOL!!:D :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts