Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those who have had GR-2's on your car for an extended period of time- how long do they really last? for a 1.5" drop do they go pretty quick, or do they seem to last 30,000mi+? im torn between the koni adjustable inserts and GR-2's for the scoupe front. i am leaning towards the koni adjustables in the rear because its a full strut unit but the fronts are the inserts. for an extra $100 i dont know if i want to bother replacing the inners if the GR-2's will last. i know konis will hold up to a drop for a good period of time but will the GR-2's?? if youve had them on your car for 30,000+ miles please let me know if they have held up. again this isnt a huge drop, its about 1.5 or 1.7" or something like that. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Well, i have them in for about 1500 miles now. And my drop is around 3 inches, so far they are holding up really well, no change whatsoever in ride and handling. I say go for it, i think the KYB's are cheaper, but im not sure.

·
Registered
508 Posts
ya i am planing to get kyb gr2 with wepon r springs!!!

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
They dont last too terribly long in autocrosses or bad roads with a lowered suspension. Mine were shot after about 15000 miles. Get the koni's.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes they do they make the strut inserts. and these are for my scoupe anyway. the reason i was asking is because kyb's are 1/3 of the price and even if i replace them every year it still comes out even after 3 years. aah decisions. ill probably go for it (the konis) anyway. the only thing that pi$$es me off is that you need to remove them to adjust. man i hate that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts