Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I not trying to talk crap but even honda owners and all other car owners do this from time to time. Well here goes...Gray Tiburon 1/30/06 going on Fruitridge east in Sacramento, Ca was trying to play wit me...Com'on it's rush hour and there's cars in front of me and this Tib paced me and then sped up and slow down and finally sped away thinking he was all that. I wasn't even going to try since a car was about 20-25 ft in front of me. I know we all do this from time to time and play with other cars but please use common sense. When theres traffic are you going to cause a accident just to accelerate for that 20-25 ft. just to see who faster. I could've chased down the tib and then wasted it...But what was the point...If your gonna play even if its illegal play a little smarter...

[Edited by its a civic on Jan 31, 2006 9:00 PM]

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
I'd reckon you made a good call there by holding off bro. Doing that in traffi is just plain stupid because it's not just your lives on the line, but everyone else's as well.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
good call dood, lotta new hyundai owners think that they are teh ****.. but theyre not.. find him again, and put his dumbass into his place.. :rambo:

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
GK owners are bigger pricks than srt-4 owners. ive always wondered why that is.:??:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Originally posted by 01IMPORTSHARK
[body]
good call dood, lotta new hyundai owners think that they are teh ****.. but theyre not.. find him again, and put his dumbass into his place.. :rambo:
[/body]
His place being the guard rail, right?

·
Registered
8,316 Posts
Originally posted by endlessmike
[body]
GK owners are bigger pricks than srt-4 owners. ive always wondered why that is.:??:
[/body]
Way to ignorantly throw a label on us "GK owners".

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Hey that was me driving that tib that day. Sorry for the confusion man if you thought I was trying to race you. My flux compasitor is acting up and the car jumps around. :lol:
No I dive a accent

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Originally posted by WytchDctr
[body]
I had a civic almost run over a minivan about a week ago trying to get me to run him. There are turds in every make and model. You just need to go for a 5min drive to see/meet about 10 of them. ;):
[/body]
And 1/10 of them is drunk in Vegas... :puzzled:

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Originally posted by 4doorGL
[body]
[body]
[/body]
[/body]
it happens.

just like domestics are only good for burnouts, all hondas are torque-less pieces of crap, and nissans are superior:lol:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[/body]
[/quote]

just like domestics are only good for burnouts, all hondas are torque-less pieces of crap, and nissans are superior:lol:
[/body]
[/quote]

Yes nissans are superior in some ways. But are money pits when you are fixing them all the time. Example 300zx's. Domestics are good for more than burn outs...Doughnuts. Classic muscle cars are sweet. But in general all cars have strong and weak points about them.

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
Originally posted by its a civic
[body]
[/body]
[/body]
[/quote]

Yes nissans are superior in some ways. But are money pits when you are fixing them all the time. Example 300zx's. Domestics are good for more than burn outs...Doughnuts. Classic muscle cars are sweet. But in general all cars have strong and weak points about them.
[/body]
[/quote]

The thing about the 300Z's: the money you spend goes into labour time. They are complete and absolute PITA's. Ever tried to wap the fuel return line, LOL if you have you know what I mean. Nissan parts are also more expensive for the higher echalon cars ie. GTR, 350Z and S15. There's quite a few procedures to use with them as well; totally different method of working. Mess up the sequence and you'll be backtracking for a bit, wasting time. I guess it takes getting used to.

Domestics...well, there are some very good handling domestics around, but these usually have a lot sunk into their suspensions and brakes, and these cars have been taken pretty far from their stock incarnations. Pretty much any car can be made to do crazy things, it just takes money.

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
[body]
[body]
[/body]
[/body]
No, it's true. At meets they ALWAYS park together and don't usually check out other people's rides. When they do, they have a snooty look on their faces.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
[body]
[body]
[/body]
[/body]
i wouldnt throw a label on ALL GK owners, but EVERY single one i have personally met or went to a car show with think they have a ferrari. a guy in my car club had an 03, with SR CF hood and razzi kit, with rims.. thought he was 10X better than anyone.. at Hyundai Sunday, ALL, yes ALL of the GK guys/girls hung out in there own group, didnt really talk to anyone else, and most of them wouldnt even talk to anyone. they arrived and left together.. you could barely get a non snotty answer when asking about there body kits, engine work, etc.. alotta people i think, think there GK is a ferrari or something extremely superior to any other hyundai..

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
[body]
[/body]
not from what i've seen. but people in different crowds act different ways. cant lable them ALL though.

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Originally posted by LC-003
[body]
The GKs are slow and fat for 2.7L :dead: good on ya for using common sense
[/body]
how so? i run a 14.2 right now in the 1/4 with just I/H/E with no cat.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I did actually notice all the GK cars parking in a flock at the Hyundai sunday i went to. Isn't the new Sonata faster anyway? ;)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts