Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn those peugeot! Traffic light: Me and a paugeot rallye 1.3 (at least it looked like an 1.3) The light goes green 1st gear same! 2nd gear he pulls a little, 3rd gear he pulls 1 car! I had 3rd at about 4,500rpm and he shifts into 4th and he stops while I was boosting. I went side by side he shows me 3 fingers (he ment put 3rd gear in) and we run again. I pull ahead a little and I shift into 4th while the boost is 4psi and I hear a roaring and he passes me like ****! I stop to the next light and I asked him what he had. He says: Transplant 1.6 16v (was 1.3 8v) , camshafts, high C/R, port polish and ecu engine management. I say no way you pull this much into 4th (something was smelling though) and he laughs and says : Oh I forgot about the 60shot nitrous oxide. He gives me the finger and goes away. Christ! Those idiots with peugeot. I don't car about losing the race but what attitude is that? Like he has a ferrari or something like that. I've seen those idiots chasing evos and imprezas and think they can pass them. God... Please tell me why..

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
you really..really need a beta or a 1.6L Alpha swap..
that 1.3L is so small..even with a turbo..

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going for the c/r gasket and the fuel management to increase boost up to 14 psi. With this boost the 1.3 will fly. I hope not to brake though :)

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Pretty funny, race two small cars with tiny stock engines. But they both had good aftermarket upgrades. I agree with TAK, try doing a turbo beta project if you ever get the chance. Otherwise good luck with the 1.3L. :)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Believe me I know the 1.3 is small and crap for modifications but keep in my mind that I turboed the car with 700$!. A simple turbo system here costs 4500$ and a transplant with a beta costs 6000$. The only option to do with a little amount of money is to put a 1.5SOHC engine. Not even the 1.5 16Valve. So, I decided to turbo this thing and if it brakes, with 500$ I put a 1.5 Sohc in with forged internals and go up to 200hp. It's the best modification I can afford. Otherwise I'll take my father's J2 and put a 2.0L turbo and byebye :) The pitty here is that in greece they import the little engines with a lot of stuff. Elantra comes only 1.6, tiburon the same and accent with the little 1.3 engine. :(

[Edited by japakos on Nov 6, 2005 9:34 AM]

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Originally posted by japakos
[body]
Believe me I know the 1.3 is small and crap for modifications but keep in my mind that I turboed the car with 700$!. A simple turbo system here costs 4500$ and a transplant with a beta costs 6000$. The only option to do with a little amount of money is to put a 1.5SOHC engine. Not even the 1.5 16Valve. So, I decided to turbo this thing and if it brakes, with 500$ I put a 1.5 Sohc in with forged internals and go up to 200hp. It's the best modification I can afford. Otherwise I'll take my father's J2 and put a 2.0L turbo and byebye :) The pitty here is that in greece they import the little engines with a lot of stuff. Elantra comes only 1.6, tiburon the same and accent with the little 1.3 engine. :(

[Edited by japakos on Nov 6, 2005 9:34 AM]
[/body]
you poor thing...:|

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Originally posted by japakos
[body]
[/body]
Sorry but Greece is a Circus. hehehe j/p. Been waiting to try that one out :)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No man greece is a Huge Circus but wtf :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
i dont believe that we own accents our fathers own j2s we have the same power almost and we are thinking in upgrading to 1.5l.i hope after x-mas i will be able to get it in the garage and then bye bye peugeot
:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:
good luck

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
want to chat with you man. Msn : [email protected] Maybe we can arrange a meeting or something

1 - 12 of 12 Posts