Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking and comparing the two (X3 and LC sedans/saloons) and they are quite similar in size and was wondering if it is possible to easily convert my 97 X3 Gl four door into an LC four door? i'd thought in comparison it's like a 92-95 civic front being converted into a 96-98/99-00 front. hopefully other things are interchangable like the doors. i just couldn't sleep anyways by the end of this year i'll probably go on ahead and get a doner LC sedan and begin the project. i'm broke now so at new years i can clear it up by than. i was a fool than by trying to give my car away. man i miss my x3 luckily my parents owned it and now the trannys shot. anyways when i can get to this project i'll let anyone know or did anyone already tried this?

·
Registered
237 Posts
the front end could be a possible swap. the doors and all that not a chance. I mean if you wanna spend it could be done but it would be cheaper just to buy an LC/LC2

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, but the front is good enough, but the back taillight i'm still not sure. i might use the lc front and that way i might get more front bumper options. if i'm going to use the LC front i might go for a EVO 8/9 ish' style front bumper with a custom widebody fenders. other than that it'll be more insane if a X1/X2 fronts can be interchangable along with the LC fronts. man, that will be an insane idea. lol, sometimes i think i should of bought this $400 X2 excel i've found earlier on craigslist.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts