Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
i got the honda civic steelies with 195/50/R15's on em,

they're a little more heavy than stock and slow's the car a tad bit but handlling and grip is oh so great..

i'm thinkin of gettin some cheap sport edition's on my next set.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
I have 15"x6.5" Konig Helium wrapped in 195/50zr15 Hankook Ventus RS-2 and I love them.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So do you guys think these will be too big

17x7.5 Quantum Tech

[Edited by inferredrecords on Jan 9, 2006 9:19 PM]

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
17's have a high chance of rubbing either your wheel arch or your strut... Not to mention the fact that the ride is more harsh due to the limited amount of rubber you have between the ground and your wheel...

I would go with 15" with a 195(or 205)/50r15 tire or 16" wheels with a 205/45r16 tire on them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
17's are ok if u want them, keep in mind that your speedo will be out and you will have to get stiff suspension to stop them from rubbing on the guards

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I have 17x7 with very little problems, just some rubbing in the rear on hard bumps or with the car fully loaded and people and the speedo is dead on. I checked the speed on the highway at 75 with another accent (matt 1840, were the hell are you?) on stock rims and he was going the same speed. The rims are wrapped in 205/40 tires. Now you say your rims are 7.5 wide so I do see a problem with the width as my 7 inch wide rims hardly fit.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I have 17X7.5 and was okay in the rear till I added my stereo now I have adjustables and raised the back and it is all okay now. The diameter of the outside of the tires in the same on my 17's as the stock tires so depending on how thick you go your speedo should be close to the same.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
my 17's road like ass the tires are so small, so i got some 16's and they still feel too big so ill be switching to 15's soon whenever i sell these

·
Registered
886 Posts
it gets a lot worse if you have coil-overs, every little crack in the road feels like a pot hole.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts