Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI I was thinking about doing the bushes up on my LC, I seen a local Australian company make an offest castor bush has anyone fitted these or knows where I can get a bush kit to go front to back?? Is it worth it??

·
Registered
63 Posts
i've always found my 1999 accent seems twitchy on the highway, even with the whiteline caster bushes. i had some eibach springs first and now some coilovers.

with the coilovers, the caster is way out of spec even with the whiteline bushes. theres just not enough adjustment.

i called k-mac a few months ago, and they said they would make some caster/camber plates for the hyundai accent if they could get a few measurements off the car. they're not cheap....maybe $300 to $400?

http://www.k-mac.com.au/Kmac_catalog.pdf

if someone in sydney could take their car into k-mac so they could get the measurements, that would be great! i'd buy a set for sure.

i'm pretty sure the x3 and lc front struts are the same, so either car would do.

·
Registered
737 Posts
caster is not adjustable with the stock accent suspension which is why they make offset bushings.

I think whiteline makes them for the x3s but i'm not sure about the lc/lc2s.
If you are looking for bushing kit try kspec for a yaya kit which includes just about every suspension bushing on the car. The only difference is you get normal front control arm bushings that aren't offset. I paid something like 250 for my kit for the x3.

The ksport coilovers I use on both my accents only have adjustments for camber not caster by means of an adjustable top plate and slotted lower mounting holes.

i'm not sure how much the offset bushings help but given the accents short wheelbase i'm not sure how stable you will be able to get it. Increased camber will help keep the tires contact patch more level in a turn. This will however will make the car more darty and more prone to following road crowns. Toe changes will have a similar affect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts