Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I will be getting the proto type caliper brackets for my LC in the next week or so and I will be bolting on my rear disc's, these should also work for the LC2's. Anyone wanting these brackets needs to let me know and we can make some more up. The price will be $150 plus shipping. I will get picks up when the proto type is ready.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hear is a pic of a shift knob he did for my bro-in-law's 79 camaro last week.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
What else would be involved in the conversion? Like calipers, which ones would mount up? Spindles, ect…. would be help for when buying. I would be interested in buying some; I just need to know what else would it involve? Thanks ;)

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My parts list is as follow''s.
1) calipers (painted black)
2) rotors (freshly turned)
3) hubs
4) e-brake cables
5) new pads
All parts are from a used 01 Tibby minus the pads. Paid like $100 for all the parts I believe.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My parts are from an 01 tibby. The rotors can be redrilled for the accent bolt pattern or you can upgrade the bolt pattern to the tibby. The tibby hub fits the accent spindle perfectly. I am wondering if the 5 lug hub will fit my accent cause I would like to upgrade to 5 lug if possible.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I put everything together tonight aside from the caliper bracket and it looks good. AJ didn't have time this week to get to the brackets and they are gunna be really busy next week in school so it looks like 2 weeks out for the brackets. Also with a little easy modification the tiburon e-brake cable appears to workr, I will find out tomorrow. I will be redrilling the rotor to 4x100 and using the Accent hub for now but the assembly is shown with the Tiburon hub. Here are some pics of the assembly.

Spindle, old brake line and old brake cable.

Hello rear disc parts.

Goodby drums!

Redrilled rotor shield to boltup. Still need to notch the big hole for the bolt to pass through.

Tiburon hub fits the spindle no problem.

Sweet!

Sweeter!

Sweetest!

The Caliper is bolted to the disc shield for now. I will have the e-brake cable and brake line figured out tomorrow along with redrilling the rotors. Then I am gunna pull apart the passenger side and hook it up.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
**** dude, that look awesome. I cant wait to do mines. After you put it all together. Take it out for a drive and let me know how good the ebreak is. I can never get mines to work that great with the drums. I also have 17's, that may have something to do with it!
How long will you be making the brackets?

Whats the bolt pattern on the tibbs hubs you got?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tib lug pattern is 4x114

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tiburon e-brake(modified) cables fit great. The brake line is a go as well.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
DREROB said:
My parts are from an 01 tibby. The rotors can be redrilled for the accent bolt pattern or you can upgrade the bolt pattern to the tibby. The tibby hub fits the accent spindle perfectly. I am wondering if the 5 lug hub will fit my accent cause I would like to upgrade to 5 lug if possible.
so if the rotors can be redrilled what about the hubs?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Use the accent hubs with redrilled rotors.

·
Registered
508 Posts
insted of redilling tiburon disk why not use Mitsubishi Mirage 93-95???

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I guess that would have been good to know before I drilled them:D
Are they the same size as the tibby rotors as far as the offset goes, meaning will the disc line up with the caliper? Enthusia25, Tibby brake lines were used in the swap.

·
Registered
508 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Stopped at all Hyundai Isuzu auto recyclers yesterday and checked out the 5 lug Tib hub and compared it to the Tib 4 lug hub and it will not fit the Accent. The spindle is bigger on the 5 lug but the rotor seemed to be the same dimensions. So no 5 lug conversion for me:( guess I am gunna stick with the 4x114 pattern. No update on the bracket but like I said it might be another week or 2.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just got back from the great state of Virginia on friday and called AJ to find out the progress of my bracket. They have finished the training on metal lathes and moved on to the milling machines this week so I hope to have them by next weekend. Will keep everyone posted on this but the wait will be over soon.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I should be seeing this bracket tommorow.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts