Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you install these on the LC dash w/o tachometer model? I know its possible but do I have to do the wiring or is it there somewhere (I didn't see)? I don't have it now but it will be coming in a couple days and would like to have an idea how to install. Thanks

·
Registered
228 Posts
I had an 01 that I had to wire a Tach onto. For the signal wire I spliced into the Tach wire off of the ECU. It is a green wire if im not mistaken and it was a pain to find. If I still had that car I would look but I dont. I also heard someone talk about spicing into a wire behind the IP cluster but im not sure the color of the wire and what connector it is in. I know im not much help but I can keep looking.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think the wire behind the cluster is a grey wire in the left connecter. I did a search and thats all I found so far. If I could log onto HMA but my internet explorer doenst work and i cant use mozilla on their site bastards lol.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did find a website http://www.egauges.com/Cla_Inst.asp?CP=Main.txt&Cart=
but it is general, I'm gonna have to wait till I get it and go from there but if anyone has anymore if, it would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I put a tach in and had all sorts of trouble finding the right wire. Finally I quit looking and spliced into the coil, just like we did on those old V8's with a distributor.

Since the 1.5 has two coils, I spliced into the number one you get 1/2 the reading so now my Accent shows a 3750 redline. Works fine for me

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a stupid question, what and where is the coil? is that the grey wire that Jonas53 was talking about? if you splice into 2 coils will you get a full reading?

[Edited by accentrider01 on Nov 19, 2005 11:19 AM]

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright I got in my tach today (sweet) its got 4 wires though. Red-12 ignition switch, black-ground, green-to temp sensor, purple- dimmer/ 12 volts to dim connect to headlights to activate... these are the only instructions coming with it. I have some idea but where do these red and green wires go, which to the ecu? alright thanks yall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts