Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i know alot of you who are going the turbo or nitrous route are gona install an A/F gauge

On a standard autometer setup there are 3 wires to connect, 4 if it is an illuminated gauge..

first two are red and black wires, one is ground (Black) the other is connected to a switched possitive such as the fuse for the cig lighter(Red). The last wire is going to be a violet colored wire and this is the the wire that you're going to connect to the Signal wire from your o2 sensor

Those of you who don't know, the sensor you want to hook it up to is the sensor that is built right into your exhaust headers, this is the best one to use since it is a heated sensor and has the most accurate reading...

Be sure to hook the Violet wire from your Autometer A/f Gauge to the correct signal wire

simple right? Sorta...

Take a look at your o2 sensor, the wire comes around into a connector, make sure you are hooking the wire up AFTER the connector, the 4 wires should be enclosed in black split conduit.. You'll see a Yellow wire, two white wires, and a gray wire with a black stripe on it (This may or may not hold true with the LC's)

The wire you want to hook up to is going to be the gray with the black stripe on it as this is the correct signal wire..

to make it easy on yourself, go to autozone and get the crimp style wire splicers and crimp the violet wire to the the Gray w/blackstripe Wire after the connector and
Viola!

hope this helps someone, had enough trouble figuring it out on my own

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
try and see if it works, then this can be an LC & LC2 write up

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good bit of information. You are right in saying that you should connect the signal wire to the primary oxygen sensor, but for this reason: on OBD-II ECU-equipped vehicles, the primary oxygen sensor(s) are the ones that are responsible for measuring the air-to-fuel ratio that is relayed to the vehicle's ECU. The secondary oxygen sensor(s) are responsible for detecting the presence of a catalytic converter.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by Izapyou
[body]
Where did you hook up your ignition wire to for the a/f gauge?
[/body]
I don't think there is an ignition wire on air-to-fuel ratio gauges. There is a main power wire ( usually red in color ) that you run to a switched source such as the ignition. Typically, people just run this power wire to the ignition fuse in the interior fuse box.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I was looking after the connector

before it I have: black, gray, 2 white.
after it I have: green, grey, pink, orange

I'll try the grey one when I have the time

·
Registered
520 Posts
bump

I need to know what wire to splice for the signal.

I thought it was the grey wire, which I tried.. with no luck... grr

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
on yours it should be the black

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Alright im guessing theres s difference depending on which state you bought your car in. Cause i have pink, orange, grey, and green with a black stripe on my 05 Accent GT

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Alright i hooked it up to the green wire with the black stripe. It seems to be working but it cycles at idle like to ideal then off then ideal. Its weird but it reads rich when i rev so do i have it wired right or what?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Yippee kiya. Thanks and its the green wire with the black stripe, after the connector.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i want to see you run a nitrous system without an A/F meter..... It's almost critical to know if you're leaning out during spray

1 - 20 of 21 Posts