Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I'd like to change the fuel filter on my LC2.. it's a 2006 hatchback 1.6. I've done some searching and.. some say it's under the back seat while others say it's in the fuel pump. I'd like to know for sure, can anyone tell me? Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What style is it? There was no 2006 Accent hatchback in the US so I'm not sure...
Sorry, I'm in Canada.. the 2006 hatchback was a carryover from the 2005. MC was sedan only for 2006. So mine is an LC2.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
If you take off the rear seat pad it's under the black cover plate. Just pry it up and you'll see it sitting on top of the fuel tank next to the fuel pump housing assembly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you take off the rear seat pad it's under the black cover plate. Just pry it up and you'll see it sitting on top of the fuel tank next to the fuel pump housing assembly.

Nope.. it's not there. Dealer even sold me a fuel filter for it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmm...that's where it is on my LC2. They must have changed it part way through the run or something. I'll have to figure out what model years are where...
It is weird, yes.. but I'm positive I've seen others say this. Maybe it's a Canadian thing.

·
Registered
546 Posts
i found a picture on HMA its for a 2005 but it should be the same, cause for the 2006 they only have the MC accent

i don't know if that helps or not

correction to my post, after searching on HMA some more i did find the fuel filter is located in the tank like i mentioned before
i can't get the pic off the site for it,

if you sign up on the site u can get a better picture as to where it is located just do an advanced search for fuel filter

and floyd this for the 2003 accent made from june 6 2003 - 2005 model end for the 3 door and for the 4 door from june 10 2003- to 2005 model end

1 - 10 of 10 Posts