Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all...im not sure if this belongs in this thread or the sounds/security thread, but im puttin it in here cuz i know this thread gets more traffic...;):

but anyway, anyone know how hard the LC2's AM/FM/CD stereo head unit is to take out? thanks.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Originally posted by indefactorX
[body]
pop open the two cup holders

there are two philips head screws that you'll need to unscrew right behind them, after that you go behind the dash and you'll see where the AC control arms go to (two long silver rods coming from your dash almost to the floor board just right of your feet there will be two, the directional one ie:feet, window etc.. and the temperature one) you'll need to disconnect those from the big white thingies, don't unscrew them, they come un-done by un snapping them or something **it's been a while since i had done it** Then also open the glove box and there is another control arm for the sliding vent control thing (the one for circulating inside air or bringing in outside air) directly behind the glove box, it would be easy to just take out your glove box at this point

once you get those 3 control arms disconnected then start popping out your center dash, after that just start pulling it straight out and you'll be able to unscrew the radio from there

with aftermarket cd players you may have to dremmel out the hole in the dash(where the face plate comes through at) because they are wider than the stock decks..

good luck man, i installed mine myself, and it was a pain

[/body]

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks...i think ill need it

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you rule dude...thanks...that helps a ton.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts