Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen anyone talk about different speakers and what sizes you can replace the factory ones with. If anyone is putting new speakers in their 03-06 Accent, then definitely go with 6.5 inch in the fronts and rears. They come with 5.25 inch speakers from the factory, but I found out that most 6.5s will fit in the factory spaces with little or no modification. Once I replaced my speakers with 6.5s, my ride has become much more enjoyable and it really rocks my face off!!!!!:D

·
Registered
886 Posts
I know the LC's are 5.25 all the way around, I am pretty sure the LC2's are the same way. But you could be right.

·
Registered
124 Posts
wrong, dead wrong, all 4 speakers in an LC2 are 5.25".

as for putting in a set of 6.5". sure, they will fit with a little mod, but why bother, you can get highend 5.25" for the price of a mid range quality 6.5" aqll you gotta do is look.

·
Banned
1,316 Posts
^^ old thread but he's right.

i replaced my stocks with a set of 6" MTX speakers this past boxing day and the only reason i bothered with the 6" speakers was because i couldn't pass up the deal! i got a pair for less than $40 so i bought 2 pairs :)

anyhow yes bigger will fit but i wouldn't try anything bigger than 6". some minor modification is required. i had to widen the mounting slots on the rear speakers and had to removed some plastic behind the speaker opening on the interrior door panels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts