Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall, I'm new here. Long time SCC owner. Bought an 05 Accent base model in August 07.

I have been looking at strut bars for our chassis and have been having a hard time finding one that I like. The Sharkracing piece is as close to ridgid that I can find. Everything else I found looks weak due to the tubular construction. If anybody knows where I can find a well designed, non-tubular strut tower bar that also ties into the fire wall I would very much appreciate it.

Also, what is up with the price on the performance upgrades on our cars? It's insane. I checked out Seoulful Racing and they are expensive, as is Shark racing and Whiteline. Granted they are mostly overseas (I'm an American) but $220 Korean for silicone hoses? I guess I am used to the ever present Honda parts (I used to own a CB7 Accord-91 Lx)

Trey

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I bought an EvoFusion strut bar, that was good.

And get used to the extremely high prices for parts for these cars...it's just a matter of low demand.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The EvoFusion product looks nicely designed. Solid and stiff. And the price is right.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Yeah, you can stand on it and it barely bends. Great quality.

·
Registered
147 Posts

can be used as a flotation device

·
Registered
183 Posts
g4ebguyGTX said:
can be used as a flotation device
HAHA nice

The tendency of a FF car is to understeer. Don't you not want to make the front to rigid since it will make it understeer more. Get a rear sway bar before you get a strut bar or you'll just understeer like mad

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks

Thankyou for the advice. In my Accord, I just made the whole thing as stiff as possible and had mad neg. camber (-4) and the thing rode like it was on rails. You think any parts would be able to cross over suspension wise? I had springs, struts, sways, strutbar front and rear, and that stupid JC Whitney mid floor bar.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Nothing will transfer from your Accord. It's a completely different car, chassis, and suspension setup.

But I do definitely suggest getting front and rear sway bars, or at least the rear. Those improve handling 10X.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Strut Bar

I did get a Shark Racing. Looks good, Solid bar, Been on for over two years.

Jeff

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nothing will transfer from your Accord. It's a completely different car, chassis, and suspension setup.

But I do definitely suggest getting front and rear sway bars, or at least the rear. Those improve handling 10X.
I knew it was a completely different chassis (not to mention brand and country) But was wondering if anyone had tried putting Honda CB7 parts on a Hyundai LC2. Forgive me if it sounded like a noob inquire

1 - 12 of 12 Posts