Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Well considering te following:

Your going to go through wheel bearing like crazy due to the different load characteristics.

You'll look like a goof with rims sticking out 2" beyond your fender

And its illegal to have rims sticking out beyond your fender you'd need to extend your fenders accordingly.

Why not just buy the right thing?

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
An 8" wide wheel should have a 215-245 series tire on it. A 195 will fit but it will look stretched onto the wheel. 195's are good for a 6"-7" wheel.

If you put an 8" wheel with zero offset on an Accent you'll stick out about an inch (estimate) past the fender line. Not a problem as long as the tire won't rub on your setup but a good fact to know. I think a 195/45/15 will hit the fender though unless you install taller bump stops. +35 offset will fit under the fender with an 8" wide wheel without rubbing on the strut but will require you to roll the fender if you intend on tucking tire. If you plan on tucking tire I would go with a 215 series tire on an 8" wide rim.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
why the wide rims?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well ihave been lways fan of wide wheel stance. and i love that strathed tire look and i am aware of tire rubbing fender line.. will be putting very hard coilover set up with it so... but i have been lookee into few 15x8 on ebay sportmax ones and would hub ring size matter?

·
Registered
37 Posts
For daily driving, I dont think it will be that great of an idea.
I mean here is an example of a civic with 15x8 and a 0 offset.

Honestly, it doesn't look that bad, but I'd imagine you would have some serious issues with the camber, just my .02

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
good god those poor tires!! They are going to get torn up badly with that...

·
Registered
737 Posts
you will have to have springs like bricks to stop contact with the fender in stock form. running 205/50/15s on 15x7s I actually hit my front bumper where it meets the fender under load with 7kg springs in the front. the fenders have been rolled so i'm good there but with the lc i've broken the inner fender liner from lowering the car to much with too much tire.

anything is doable but it will take some effort
if you wanted to do it right you could cut the fender out and install flares like something from a g60 vw to get everything to fit and look right. I think it looks bad ass when done right but the whole tire stretch thing looks cool but isn't the safest thing in the world if your driving your car every day.

i'm going to go a similar route but its to fit wider/shorter rubber for autoxing. I'm going to go with a 13x8 with either a 225/45/13 or a 215/50/13

this is a new trend in the street prepared classes of scca solo2 275/35/15 hoosiers this is a fsp focus with that tire on custom 15x8.5 kodiak wheels

1 - 8 of 8 Posts