Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one thing i hate aboutlc accent's is the dim gauge needle, i put a set of piaa zenon wedge bulbs and it look's bright and beautiful, all the number are evenly illuminated but the needle's are as dim as a emo!

is there as way that replacing them with other needl's will help it glow better in the night?

i've been thinkin of adding needles from the tiburon or the o2 elantra..

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I tried to pull the needle off of my tach in my old Accent. I didn't get it off, and I assume I broke something inside cuz the tach wouldn't work. I ended up taking it to the dealer and telling them my tach "just stopped working" and getting the cluster replaced under warranty.

So unless you find something that I didn't, I don't think they can really be taken off.

·
Registered
124 Posts
the needles will come off, but they are on there hard...and i mean HARD... i took my old dodge neon cluster apart to put in a set of indiglo guages and had to remove the needles for it to fit, so with the accent, i used the same trick, a good strong fork! best ones to use are ones that come in like a good silver dinnerware set... they tend not to bend like cheap dollar store forks! lol
.... oh and a tip for putting them back on right, cause you will turn your needles some, when it's time to put them back on, pop the cluster back in the carwith no needles, cosnect the harness and turn your key to run (all lights up but not quite start) then back off, this will set all the pins for your needles back to zero/off position (with the exception of gas, some accent i have saw show the amount of fuel all the time, mine only shows when it's on)
hope this helps... and be careful and good luck

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i took the cluster out and took out the plastic lens..

i successfully took out the needle of the tach with a good steel fork and wored gloves to not smear the cluster face with sweat or oil.

i tried sanding the red out of the needles but it didnt' help brighten it..

i guess the only way to get results is buy some bad-aas led 194 wedge's or get it done professionally.

BTW:i've seen today's ca's have brigh-ass gauge's with bright red gauge needles..what doe's the inside of the gauge cluster of a electroluminescent gauge face look like?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts