Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
5,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how many of you leave your CAI on in the winter months with the snow on the ground.

And
to those of you that live in an area that doesnt get snow. :lol:

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I have an AOS style CAI and I leave it on year round. The snow doesn't hurt it. But I would be sure to clean the filter as soon as the roads dry up in the spring.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
just get yourself an h20 Destabalizing unit so you'll be running hydro oxide fuel, 10x better than nitrous :smoking:

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Snow? What's snow?

:evil:

I love Las Vegas.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
^^^You poor souls will never know the joy of negotiating a turn on snow aided by careful application of e-brake.

So sad...:lol::smoking:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
^^ that is why i am hesitating putting my snow tires on yet, i love winter driving.

http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/topic.php?t=68520

geez do a search or something...j/k :D

[Edited by C-DUBYA on Oct 25, 2005 3:35 PM]

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Hardly any snow here in South Carolina. Especially where I am.....Charleston. Who cares about snow? I enjoy ice. :D:D

EDIT: It's fairly easy to negotiate a turn with the e-brake......in the icy rain.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I read about this pre-filter filter in a magazine but I can't remember the name of it. Basically, its like a beanie hat that you put over the filter to protect it from light rain. I don't know if this helps you at all...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Snow will have even less of an effect on the car than rain as there is less water in the snow. Only thing to watch for is actually getting it stuffed with snow which will suffocate the engine.

[body] ^^^You poor souls will never know the joy of negotiating a turn on snow aided by careful application of e-brake.[/body]
Who needs an e-brake to do turns in the snow. Just left-foot brake, works just as well and is much more predicable and can be used on any loose surface (gravel, snow, wet pavement). For those who don't know how to do it....

Instead of using the e-brake, keep your foot on the gas (very important), and tap the brake pedal with your left foot as the name implies. By keeping your foot on the gas you avoid causing the front wheels to lock up and loose traction causing understeer. However you have imbalanced the car enough that the back end will come around almost instantly. For those long sweeping bends you can use it multiple times as needed to keep the car sideways. Try it out in a snow covered parking lot before you try it on the backroads. The only time I use the ebrake now is when I need to turn instantly but at low speeds (ie. 180, 90 turn into a parking space, tight hairpin turn etc.)

[Edited by da_moose on Oct 25, 2005 8:42 PM]

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
powerslides at 40 mph+ are fun

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Originally posted by 1SickGS
[body]
I read about this pre-filter filter in a magazine but I can't remember the name of it.
[/body]
Feels wierd quoting my self.... http://www.outerwearsracing.com - I'm guessing the APC one will fit most generic 3" conical shaped open air filters. But you might want to double check on that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts