Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there !!

I have a 98 Accent and hav been looking for any how to's on changing the stock bulbs in my cluster to leds. I came across one but stupid me forgot to save the page.

But, just in case, I can't remember what the bulb types were, if they are the #74 or something else and how many do the main lighting. If I knew at least that then I know where to buy the leds to change them in the twist socket.
I'm not wnting to solder them in, but and references do help.:D

Thanks,
GDAccent

·
Registered
686 Posts
this is what i used in my dash, i have a 2000 accent, it may be the same, i'm not sure tho.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dude !!! Your Awsome !!! Thats exactly what I was looking for and the same color too boot. How many lights did you have to change? Did you change the other lights as well, such as oil, check engine, and etc.? Plus I couldn't remember the part number. So thanks again !!!

GDAccent

·
Registered
464 Posts
Those LED bulbs are the size that fits behind the cluster, the other ones that fit behind the temp & fan controls are a #74 they also go in the same way. Make sure you get wide angled LEDS or else you will end up with hot spots and not such nice even coverage.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
you sure those lights aren't the size that go behind the turn signal indicators, CEL, Parking Brake indicator, etc?

I bought some thinking they were going to be for the whole gauge but the ones that light the gauges are larger...

·
Registered
686 Posts
they only work for the upper half of the gauge cluster, not the cel, oil, air bag, none of that.

those bulbs only work for the speedo, tach(if ya got it), gas tank, and temp. gauges.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Ok I just read this whole thread and still couldnt figure it out. Is it the #74 wide angle LEDs that fit in the cluster?

(LOL..this is my 1,234th post...1234...lol)

·
Registered
686 Posts
search "194 W5W *** LED Wedge Inverted Side Light Bulbs 12V" on ebay (replace *** with whatever color you want, that'll fit the gauges)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts