Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello my cars window washers never worked properly since i bought it and i know its the sprayers because I stabbed one of the ones that didn't work and now it squirts up, where as before it didn't squirt.
so I bought new washers with the little LED lights in them. problem is I don't know how to hook them up to work they only came with the wires and the new washers.

If anybody can tell me what I need or how to hook them up I can show you how they look on my car after :D

·
Registered
687 Posts
*cringe* I dont know why you would defile your car w/LED washers, but to each their own...

They're easy to put on actually. Just look underneath the hood and you should be able to see the little clips that the original squirters are hooked up at. You can either not give a ****, and pull them off or you can go underneath and grab a pair of needlenose pliars and get them off nicely.

What kind of wiring did they provide for the LED's?

Howie~

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
the wiring was as simple as 4 wires positive and negative, for each washer. I know I hook the negative to the battery, but the positive says to hook up to the parking light, but there are 4 wires coming from the parking/signal light i don't know which one to hook it to, either I'm thinking of the wrong thing or they want me to cut wires.

BTW I chose the LED washers because the place where i got them was selling them for a lower then the OEM washers lol plus I don't mind putting a little rice to my car

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Get a little bit of small wire loom or it will look like crap underhood with bare wires running all over.

You'll need to supply the positive with power in whichever way you choose. I suggest a switch because then they're on only when you want them on. If you do hook it to your parking lights you'll have to splice the positive lead from one of the LEDs into the wire for a marker light. You then need to come up close to the second LED and splice the positive leads together. The negative you can just splice together and ground to a bolt hole somewhere in the engine bay it doesn't have to go to the neg. terminal on the battery.

+ <-- Parking/switch 12v splice
|
|_ <-- Splice pos
| |
+ |
@| <-- LED
- |
| +
| @ <-- LED
| -
|_| <-- Splice neg
|