Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm driving to the local self serve car wash since my car's pelted with dirt and mud as usual,

i come to a red light and see a burgundy audi A4 "1996-1998ish", not sure what type of engine it had though it was a manual, the guy in the audi keep's creepin more and more, and I think, ah why not?

i decided to do a sleeper launch because a wheelspin launch would really make me crunch gears

the light's hit's green and floor it and chirp the tire's when shifting to 2nd, The audi guy guns it and he has the lead for about a quarter of a car length, i shift to 2nd and i catch up a little..we're pretty much head to head, everytime we shifted gears, we lose and gain car length..but i clinged to his side until we ran out of road..so it was a tie

i looked in the rear and it say's 1.8T quattro thats a powerful engine compared to my 1.6L but those a4's are really heavy almost 1 and a half tons

good race though:)

·
Registered
817 Posts
1.8T Audis with Quattro shoud do 9 seconds 0-100km/h so not bad at all.

Of course with little bit modding Audi would eat you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
a4 quattros are slow. the awd is a pig compared to the fwd. the 1.8t was tuned at 150hp but throw on just a chip and you're at 200hp/240lb-tq.

[Edited by forcedinduction on Mar 8, 2006 12:42 PM]

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i drove one of them and it was slow and laggy, the FF jetta 1.8T was way more fun with the manual..and it was oh so quick turbo power..

·
Registered
817 Posts
Sure with 200bhp thouse 1.8T:s can be quicker than some Hyundai Accent but they're not that quick still, something like 7-8 seconds 0-60mph. Of course switching that tiny KKK-unit to a real turbo and tune it have something like 300-400hp would be quick enough.

[Edited by eyelid on Mar 9, 2006 4:56 AM]

·
Registered
33 Posts
no need to drop 3grand on a big turbo kit. k04 turbo + exhaust should put you around 230hp at the crank... and that comes with reliable software unlike the big turbo kits.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
You MUST see the A4 1.6 with 100hp.. for crying...

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
an a4 with 100 bhp, i'd love to see the numbers on that.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Sure. 0-60 = 13.0 sec !! Too fast to catch jaja :) Anyone who has that thinks that because it's price (about 30.000$) that the car is fast. They say: My car has 30k yours has 10k then it's impossible for you to pass me! Everytime I'm in the highway and I see A4 1.6 and try to pass them NO ONE ever lets me and when I go to the right and pass them, they make the finger!! Idiots

[Edited by japakos on Mar 12, 2006 1:09 PM]

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i guess your 1.5 aint so slow after all

a 1.6 on a heavy midize car with all those heavy interior sound deadening plastic's and frills
is overkill!!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Even though they're heavy, they corner incredibly flat (like the older Audi A4's that were actually fast), and the ManuMatic transmission is mucho fun...

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
The A4 1.6 has 8valves and it's about 1,5 ton or something. The only good is that it has a short gearbox and it saves the situation. 13sec for sure 0-60 then it just barely goes..

·
Registered
33 Posts
lol, again chip the car and it's a different story. the car is whatever but that 1.8t engine is considered to be one of the most tuneable engines.

http://waw.wardsauto.com/ar/auto_best_engines_6/index.htm

[Edited by forcedinduction on Mar 13, 2006 11:58 AM]

·
Registered
817 Posts
I just meant that it's pretty much different story to try race one of those than some 1.6 or 1.8T version with just only 150hp. Sure you're right it's the same engine with minimun modifications to make 225 from factory.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Really guys, you have to see the 1.6 A4s and cry.... They simply won't go..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts