Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i'm having huge amounts of pain in my right leg. i'm 100% sure it's out of it's socket or misaligned very badly. it feels horrible if i go from a seating position to standing up. it makes noise and feels like it wants to "pop". also my right leg is like 3/4 of an inch longer than my left leg. i went a chiropacter a couple of days ago and told him the problem. all he did was do the normal adjustment and send my on my merry way. Now my question is shuold i go to chiroprator for this kind of injury? or maybe an urgent care type of thing?

oh and i don't rememer injuring it at all, the only thing i have been doing differently is playing basketball again. even after playing though my leg was fine and it started really hurting a few days after the last time i played. how does a leg just all of a sudden fall out of the hip?
it hurts a ton....someone fix it already!!

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I had sorta the same thing. I went to a reg med. doctor to get a check up on my hand and I told him about my leg thing. So he did some streches and gave me a paper to go get an X-ray. Prob should start there.. and possibly get an appt w/ a Physical Therapist. I'm just going off what the doctor I went to told me to do.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Did you get your knee adjusted or your back? Sounds like an MRI may be needed.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's not my knee that is hurting it's my joint where my leg and hip plug in together. i went to the chiroprator to specifically get my leg looked at and he kinda pushed on my leg and my hip and then adjusted the rest of my body. i let him know that it still felt the same but he said that everything seemed ok to him. shouldn't he have taken x-rays?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Originally posted by rubenz
[body]
it's not my knee that is hurting it's my joint where my leg and hip plug in together. i went to the chiroprator to specifically get my leg looked at and he kinda pushed on my leg and my hip and then adjusted the rest of my body. i let him know that it still felt the same but he said that everything seemed ok to him. shouldn't he have taken x-rays?
[/body]
I'd try to get an X-ray.. see if you have any bone spurs in there.. I got my X-ray (lol.. you could see my thingie) and it turned out fine. Mine seems to be more of a muscle problem than a bone.. maybe yours is the other way around. *shrugs*.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
MRI will show both soft tissue (ligaments, tendons, muscles, etc...), joint, and bony changes.

X-rays will show joint and bone changes.

Hope you find out what is causing this problem and get it corrected. Similar problem happened to me when I was 19. My pelvis was rotated to the right and forward. Caused my hip on the right side to lock up. I could only move a little at a time due to the pain. Took 3 months of adjustments to get my pelvis back into place from being twisted. Haven't had a problem since.

X-rays of pelvis and hips should most likely be done. If therapy doesn't help then an MRI unless you progressively get worse.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm going to go to a different chiroprator tomorrow. he helped me recover from a car accident several years ago. i trust him more than this new guy i'm seeing. doc i'll let you know what the has to say. thanks

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok well i got back from the chiroprator and he took x-rays and said that nothing looked out of place, no fractures or bone spurs or anything so that's good. also no signs of reallly bad trauma to my hip area. he's thinking it was more than likely a sprained muscle that was pulling on my leg the wrong way and was pinching some nerves. it felt tons better today when i woke up anyway, but even better after he adjusted me a bit. he suggested that i don't do anything that hurts the leg anymore and that i come back 3-4 times to make sure that everything is still in place. what do you think doc?

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I like the fact you got a second opinion, had X-rays taken, and are feeling better than what you have been :). The second chiropractors recommendations sound good. Thanks for keeping me up to date and glad you are starting to feel better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts