Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a year and a half ago i decided it was time to buy a low mile,cheap on gas car so yaa go in pick up 2001 hyundai accent with 49000 kms on it well the car has been crap,bad on gas,transmission lows up at 50000 kms,brake master cylinder has issues,dealer said mass senser bad,$300 bucks later still runs the same now the computer has gone bad.Now i found out it was a rental and was in a front end accident.
The service department swears this are great lil cars so whats up with my peace of crap is a lemon, must be right,do i chance buying another one or just get something different all together......?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I know what your going through my last accent needed a ecu because the grounding for the fuel pump burt out and rigged one up but it ran so hot it could of cost a fire so I got a ecu for 600 bucks!!! what a rip off and I got a new alternator that died so they remanufactured it and it kept surging I was popping head light bulbs and crap and then the car had a over heating problem it was a thermostat it was a easy fix but the car kept having problems. I say get another accent not every car is perfect maybe you had bad luck like me but my first accent the bolts that hold the tire on all 4 busted at the sametime and I was normally driving up a hill and it ****ed up the car bad. I want another accent as a turbo project car but I dont know as a daily driver its either we have bad luck or the car is haunted.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I am soryr to hear you are having grief. Overall these are great cars, there are a lot on the road the unfortunate part is that people don't maintain them properly and man a rental car...can you imagine how bad that thing has been treated...can you say bend over and grab your ankles? I hate to hear people have car trouble and it looks like you got a bafd one but overall I would have to say the Accents are great cars.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Yeah, sounds like you have gotten a bad one. Previous rentals are the devil. People like me have driven them (just ask what that was like, I have witnesses and video).

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
car-parts.com if you dont want to loose 600 on an ecu. They normally run about 100 bux. I priced a tib ecu because of some issues I am having with my own. I hope that helps a little. The bad maf/ecu could be killing your gas milage. Fix those problems and it should get you the milage you are looking for... hell even with the way I drove my 1.6 it got great milage. ;):

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
you... PAID... for an ecm? For an accent? Hehe I know spikie has a few (prolly not LC) but how hard would that to stick it in a toolbox? I mean damn $600 that's half my month's pay (almost) :dead:

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Originally posted by 187sks
[body]
Yeah, sounds like you have gotten a bad one. Previous rentals are the devil. People like me have driven them (just ask what that was like, I have witnesses and video).
[/body]
hahaha. yup.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Ya it was a waist of money I just ended up selling my accent for like 300 dollars lol.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yep,pulled the mp3 player tonight,going on the market in a day or two if i dont sell ill trade her in its a really nice looking car after all hehehe,i most likely put old mass back in her and sell the new on..

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
if you want something cheap to tune get a s13 240sx check them out they can be made a high 12 second car by swapping a motor and a few odds and ends and tuning

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
[body]Now i found out it was a rental and was in a front end accident.[/body]
Thats the problem right there:sleepy:

Hyundai builds good cars, everyone I know that has an accent has had little to no problems. I personally have put mine through some serious ish, anywhere from driving off the road at 30 mph into dirt, to running 100 shot nitrous into a stock alpha motor, driving it off a sidewalk, getting rear ended by a 95 elantra:paranoid:, to having asphalt and rubber matter embeded in my fenderwells and the bottom of my car from all the burnouts done to date.

All the problems Ive had have been self inflicted. But thats just my story, I mean rental cars get beat down pretty good, because nobody gives a **** about them:ermm:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Originally posted by 187sks
[body]
[/body]
Speaking as someone who WORKS for a rental car company....... yeah, don't buy that **** ( I know you didn't know it was a previously rented car when you bought it). I take the line that they are company cars and so I will treat them well and not abuse them. Cept that Infinity G35 RWD we had, I rented that for a wedding and just had to do some burn outs. :evil:

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
^^^ Love that sig! When did I say that tho... V6's been on hold for awhile (damn blue pony taking away from pushrod engines everywhere...)

my mom works at Avis, and I park some of my extra cars on her company lot for months on end (my old B13 sentra was there for 4 months straight) and there's ALWAYS MANGLED cars in the corner. I mean, like, ruined cars.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
You wrote that to me one time when we were chatting on AIM (which I'm never on anymore anyway). As to the mangled cars, my favorite is when the customer brings it back to us (we're at an airport) and doesn't say a thing (cars are a 3 min walk from the counter). SO I go out there to clean a car they need in 20 min, and I have to tell them the things busted all to hell. They are never happy, but neither is the customer when we collect the deductible reguardless of fault..... :evil:

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
haha yea my mom works at the pearson airport one... damn I went by the other day and there's this explorer... the only thing making it a single entity is the left side of the ladder frame, and the driveshaft.

Someone got ****ED UP!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Smart man.

·
Registered
6,604 Posts
One of the places here in Atlantic City has a loading dock right next to a ramp you can drive a van or a car up into the building. I lmow of at least one rental car that missed the ramp.

Guy took it back to the rental place like nothing was wrong with it.. and to look at the car, save for a couple of scrapes on the front bumper, you would have never known. It just did not drive straight anymore and the rear doors were a little hard to open and close

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
ROFL!!!! I wonder how many of those my mom gets back...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts